Assistant to the Director of Student Care Services Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
661 # of Openings:
1 Assistant to the Director of Student Care Services Job Overview
The Assistant to the Director of Student Care Services reports to the Director of Student Care Services to support the administration of the Student Care Services (SCS) department. This is a full-time position: 40 hours per week/12 months per year.Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the SCS Director and coordination of the SCS department, services, and programs including scheduling meetings, managing SCS phones, drop-in care support, email box, tracking and submitting expenses, process funds transfers and invoices, and coordinate conference/speaking travel arrangements.
- Assist the Director of Student Care Services with executing all aspects of SCS trainings, communications, and correspondence with campus constituents and external agencies.
- Manage communication templates, surveys, documents, and confidential communication about students within CARES Connection software as requested by the Director.
- Update SCS website, printed materials, service processes, protocols, policies, and facilitate marketing distributions.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating CARES Connection software needs/concerns with AIT, Maxient vendor, and facilitating the process for onboarding new users of the system as requested by the Director.
- Send faculty members Notices of Absence when received from Director of Student Care Services and Learning and Accessibility Services department.
- Welcome visitors to the Student Development Suite including assisting with opening and closing procedures and directing to the appropriate suite offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or equivalent experience required.
- Four to six years of experience in a service-oriented role with strong interpersonal, professional and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Computer Skills: proficient in Microsoft Office suite products (e.g., Teams), Zoom, Canva, and select database programs (e.g., Banner, Access, On-Base, and other web-based programs).
- Project management experience
- Resourceful, organized, detail oriented, and team focused
- Social media knowledge and experience with website management
- Ability to multitask and prioritize activities/projects
- Ability to manage stressful engagements
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle, or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift to 10 pounds. FLSA Status
Non-Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice, and unity.Updated