Electrician 1 Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
665 # of Openings:
1 Electrician I Job Overview
The Electrician I will perform minor installation and repairs to electrical equipment and perform routine preventative maintenance work. This position is responsible for completion of work requests as assigned. Reports to Electrical Manager. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical equipment, premises wiring systems and fire protective signaling systems.
- Perform minor electrical repairs, such as replacing devices, bulbs, ballasts, and lighting futures.
- Work with others to install new conduits, wiring and equipment.
- Perform minor preventative maintenance (PM’s) on electrical systems.
- Utilize accepted safe work practices including lock-out/tag-out and wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Ensure practical safeguarding from electrical hazards through compliance with the City of Wheaton and the National Electrical Codes.
- Exhibit a uniform quality and appearance on installations consistent with established professional trade practices and campus electrical construction standards.
- Employ sketches, drawing, and diagrams effectively.
- Respond to emergencies, when on call, before and after regular hours as needed.
- Support multi-trade tasks.
- Two years of experience in electrical field.
- Basic understanding of NFPA 70, (National Electric Code).
- Basic knowledge of electrical work.
- Ability to pass a basic electrical exam with a score of 75% or better. An Electrician I will attend electrical training classes and achieve a minimum passing grade of 75%. Classes will be selected by shop Manager. At least 9 credit hours (or equivalent) will be required prior to consideration for promotion to the Electrician II position.
- Must be willing to take electrical classes on basic electrical circuits, and motor controls.
- Must be available to respond to emergencies before and after regular hours as needed.
- Must be computer proficient and be willing to learn computer programs to assist in the daily tracking of work.
- Must have and maintain a valid Illinois driver’s license.
The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, sit, kneel, crawl, stand on a ladder or scaffolding, reach, squat and work with hands above head for long periods of time. Required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel objects and work outside during all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.) Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. FLSA Status -
Non Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity. Updated