Museum Coordinator (part time position) Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
667 # of Openings:
1 Job Overview
This position reports to the Special Collections Librarian and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Billy Graham Museum, including supervising student workers, staffing reception desk as needed, arranging group tours, managing Museum budget, recording donations, and coordinating maintenance of Museum equipment and exhibits. This position is 20 hours per week, 12 months a year. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Recruit, train, and schedule student workers to staff Museum reception area.
- Schedule special events and group tours as requested, welcoming guests in keeping with the special nature of the Museum, being prepared to answer questions regarding Christian faith and witness.
- Record key Museum metrics, including daily guest attendance, donations, and decision cards.
- Monitor Museum exhibits and supervise ongoing maintenance of display and office equipment.
- Manage office communication channels, including department calendar and incoming phone calls and mail.
- Oversee Museum budget in consultation with the Special Collections Librarian and provide sections of quarterly or annual reports as requested.
- Supervise publicity efforts for Museum, including maintenance of website and social media accounts.
- Coordinate installation of temporary exhibits and publicity for gallery openings, including collaboration with sponsoring Wheaton College departments or faculty.
- Monitor and reorder office supplies.
- Minimum two years of experience in office administration, including budget and student employee supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude for learning new software programs.
- Demonstrated public relations skills, including ability to interact with a broad general audience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
- Proven team player with a flexible personality and positive attitude.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds. FLSA Status –
Non Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity. Updated