16-Jun-2021 to 16-Jul-2021 (EST) College of Arts and Sciences Boca Raton, FL, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Artist in Residence Drama. The artist in residence will be responsible for teaching classes, directing department productions, recruiting new students into the program, and coordinating masterclass, workshops, and networking opportunities for drama majors. The artist in residence will also be responsible for guiding the development of students through mentorship and evaluation. Furthermore, the artist in residence will assist with departmental tasks including production planning, curriculum development and assessment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate master classes, workshops, and networking opportunities for drama students.
- Serve as undergraduate faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences teaching a six-course load per academic year.
- Depending on the candidate's area of expertise, courses may include musical theatre scene study, musical theatre repertoire, musical theatre history, auditioning, acting, directing, dance, vocal and speech, movement, vocal technique, and career preparation.
- Serve as director for one production per academic year.
- Serve as a recruitment ambassador for the drama department. Participate in recruitment activities such as phone and email communications, open houses, high-school visits, and virtual and in-person auditions. Candidate must be able to travel to recruitment conferences throughout the United States.
- Mentor students majoring in drama and provide academic and career advice. Guide students in their artistic and professional development.
- Assist with departmental tasks including production planning, curriculum development and assessment.
- Attend department, college, and university meetings.
- MFA in Drama, Theatre, Acting, Musical Theatre, Directing, Dance, or other theatrical performance arts equivalent. If candidate does not hold an MFA, candidate may provide equivalent professional experience as justification.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college level.
- Extensive professional experience as an actor, director, singer, and/or dancer.
- Network of professional colleagues and connections.
- Preferably, candidate is still actively working in the industry.
Completed applications will be reviewed upon receipt for match to potential needs. Only completed applications will be reviewed, which must include a short cover letter, resume or CV with detailed academic credentials, and copies of all college transcripts. Before an applicant is approved to teach, three letters of reference and official transcripts will also be required.Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.