Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10294 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Associate Director, Career & Community Engagement.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The FAU Career Center, Associate Director of Career & Community Engagement is responsible for developing dynamic FAU and community relationships, programs, platforms, and services that support the ultimate career success of FAU students and alumni. This multi-faceted role helps to prepare FAU students for their respective careers and life after college while also working directly with the employer community in support of their hiring needs. Working collaboratively with a multitude of stakeholders, this role will actively engage with employers, faculty, and staff to enhance the overall career readiness of students, while connecting them with experiential learning and internship opportunities, graduate school prospects, and meaningful employment upon graduation. Further, this position will remain current on "the future of work" and evolving workforce trends and will gain and provide critical feedback on the desired workplace skills of graduates.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Establishes a range of career development resources to help undergraduate and graduate students maximize their professional and career growth and ultimately build toward meaningful careers.
- Provides comprehensive career planning assistance/education/counseling to students and alumni, including individual and group career coaching; same-day career advising; administers and interprets career assessment inventories, etc.
- Coaches and guides students and alumni, individually or in groups, on career readiness and preparedness resources, experiential learning opportunities, registering for services, and job search strategies.
- Plans and implements workshops, programs, and presentations to educate and inform students, faculty/staff, and administrators about career and employability skills, workforce development programs, internship programs, etc.
- Assists in identifying and developing experiential learning opportunities, both on and off-campus.
- Plans and executes a relationship management strategy to cultivate current and new employer partnerships that result in increased experiential learning and internship opportunities, full and part-time employment for students and / or alumni.
- Builds employer partnerships and assists in heightening overall employer engagement at FAU.
- Promotes positive interactions between FAU colleges and departments and the employer community, while stewarding programs and services that connect students and alumni with the employer community.
- Collaborates with key campus partners to develop and promote university-wide career services and career programming.
- Offers career-related consultation and assistance to academic departments, programs, schools and colleges, AS well as professional organizations, student groups, and employer partners.
- Conducts market and data analysis (using Handshake, FAU Graduating Student Survey, State of Florida SUS Board of Governors metric data, BLS workforce trends and perceptions, etc.) leading to insights that support career directions and improves student career outcomes.
- Develops and coordinates events, marketing programs, events, and career development outreach efforts targeted to students/faculty/staff/employers.
- Attends networking and community events, professional conferences and programs, etc. Remains current on trends and insights.
- Assists in delivering other core Career Center programs and activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience in career services with a college or university, or experience as a business professional in human resources, recruiting, business development, general management, or consulting required.
Experience and involvement in college recruitment or internship programs and/or hiring students either in a University setting or as an industry employer.
Strong demonstration of agility, flexibility, professionalism, veracity, positive collaboration, innovation, and personal accountability.Salary:
$52,000 - $55,000College or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Occasional nights and weekends.Application Deadline:
2021-07-08-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.