Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10518 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Engineering & Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Computer Applications, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Includes:
- Coordinate computing activities for the College of Engineering & Computer Science and its departments.
- Provide computer system administration and support services.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Handle vendor contacts for equipment, software and maintenance.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets for computing equipment and software purchases.
- Develop scripts for automation such as backups, reporting and maintenance.
- Provide Unix/Linux/Solaris and Windows 2000/2003/XP System administration.
- Works with IT team to operate all aspects of the cloud, virtualization, storage, and computing technologies, analyze needs and trends, and make recommendations for optimizations, improving capacity, processes and support tools.
- Provides effective management, configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting on any/all of the following: hardware, peripherals, software (such as Labview, Matlab, Ansys, Solidworks), and other specialized classroom and research specialized software which the College faculty use for teaching and research. Assists departmental chairmen and faculty leads with the purchasing and licensing of the major software/hardware packages.
- Responsible for the research, recommendation and implementation of new hardware and software solutions, including design, testing, acceptance criteria, and rollout including staff training and support.
- Provides assistance with technology requirements in classrooms, conference rooms, and other remote locations including, but not limited to, setting up laptops, projectors, network and internet access, wireless microphones, video recording, and telepresence systems.
- Performs routine maintenance and configuration of computer hardware (PC, MAC, and Linux), audio/video equipment, videoconferencing solutions, software and other technology equipment. Assists faculty, staff and students within classroom and office environments.
- Supports and maintains older, outdated computer hardware running discontinued operating systems such as Windows XP and older. Supports peripherals and software associated with older equipment.
- Provides timely and accurate information in response to inquiries, concerns and technical difficulties.
- Analyzes and resolves technical issues associated with desktop/laptops, operating systems, application software, network and phone systems.
- Undertakes complex problem solving and provides assistance to colleagues and customers ensuring they are dealt with in a pleasant, professional and timely manner.
- Follows up and makes scheduled callbacks to customers where necessary.
- Trains student assistants assigned to the Technical Services Group.
- Works closely with peers in the FAU Office of Information Technology (OIT) to insure the major software tools used by faculty, staff and students are configured, licensed and implemented on University supported systems.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
One year of prior IT hardware, software and network troubleshooting/help desk experience required.
Proficiency in Unix/Linux/Solaris and Windows 2000/2003/XP System required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$60,000 - $80,000College or Department:
College of Engineering & Computer ScienceLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Position may require occasional work on weeknights and weekends.Application Deadline:
2021-07-28-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.