Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10478 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Engineering and Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Assistant Director, Academic Program, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates all OME undergraduate and graduate student processes. This includes fielding questions, meeting with prospective students, guiding prospective students through the application process, assisting faculty with reviewing applications, coordinating new graduate student arrivals, assisting graduate and undergraduates with registration paperwork, and facilitating graduate student events.
- Stays current on federal, state and university academic policies and to advise Department of same.
- Manages assigned administrative staff. This includes conducting meetings with staff, training of multiple employees, and performance evaluations. Attend training offered by Human Resources regarding best practices for conducting staff evaluations and leadership skills.
- Assists Chair with FAIR assignments and reports.
- Coordinates scheduling of classes.
- Works with faculty to assign graduate tuition waivers within Banner.
- Tracks all graduate student applicants and inquiries through the process of application and admission. Prepares offer letters for review and approval by the Chair and sends them to candidates.
- Maintains the graduate student database and track the progress of graduate students once they attend the University by ensuring they file necessary paperwork and help them navigate University processes.
- Assists with preparing undergraduate and graduate program promotional material.
- Coordinates with Department Chair in sending updates for the OME graduate and undergraduate programs, such as increased enrollment numbers, new course offerings, club announcements, etc. to the Graduate College and the College of Engineering and Computer Science websites
- Works with faculty and Registrar to schedule graduate and undergraduate courses and update Course Leaf Section Scheduler (CLSS).
- Reviews and edits graduate and undergraduate course syllabus for Faculty.
- Represents OME at graduate College open houses and other recruitment events.
- Coordinates with Department Chair undergraduate exit interviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$45,000 - $55,000College or Department:
College of Engineering and Computer ScienceLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday -Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.Application Deadline:
2021-06-30-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.