Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10295 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Program Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Administer exams and Testing Orientations (TO) with approved accommodation(s).
- Answer questions regarding testing policies & procedures.
- Assist professors and students with accessing and using the ClockWork portal.
- Complete Testing Information Forms (TIF).
- Prepare exams for proctoring with accommodations and assistive technology.
- Participate in the interview and hiring process for new student workers and graduate assistants.
- Monitor the front desk area.
- Answer general questions regarding Student Accessibility Services.
- Provide assistance to SAS students in the office.
- Maintain the confidentiality of medical and academic records.
- Assist with the preparation and proctoring of exams at SAS.
- Ensure that professors have acknowledged students’ accommodations for each exam and check accuracy of information for every exam booked in ClockWork.
- Generate daily reports from ClockWork; contact professors in regards to exams.
- Scan Testing Orientation (TO) forms and tests into the ClockWork; send exam scripts to the professors.
- Place accessible furniture in classrooms for students with disabilities (one week before each semester starts and as needed).
- Retrieve accessible furniture from classrooms at the end of each semester (after final exams) and update the furniture inventory (where and when furniture was placed, and when it was retrieved).
- Perform others duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of appropriate experience required. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$13.50 per hourCollege or Department:
Student Accessibility ServicesLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Occasional nights and weekends as needed.Application Deadline:
2021-06-30-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected]
, prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected]
to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.