DescriptionABOUT MGH INSTITUTE:
MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and Master of Science in Health Professions Education have been added in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the Institute grants doctoral degrees, master's degrees, awards certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to practicing professionals.The IHP is the only degree-granting affiliate in Mass General Brigham (MGB), the largest private employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” A leading health sciences educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the best in the nation.MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide support in the daily operational areas of the Office of Admissions. This position reports to the Associate Director of Admissions Operations. These areas include the processing of inquiries and applications, responding to phone and email inquiries, assisting in organization and implementation of all information sessions both on and off-site. This position has major responsibilities related to the processing and verification of applications and supporting material (paper and electronic) and requires a significant portion of the day on the computer. Attention to detail is imperative. It also requires excellent customer service with respect to responding to calls and emails related to the inquiries and applicants to the Institute’s programs. Answer incoming calls and handle walk-in requests and inquires as needed.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist processing of applications and supporting material throughout the application and admission process, monitoring all applications for completeness and communicating with inquiries regarding application and admissions status. Manage and process waiver and exemption requests of program/admissions requirements. Verifying applications for review and updating status. (25%)
- Assist in responding to all inquiries via email, phone and in person in a timely fashion. Answer questions pertaining to the admissions process, as well as provide program information for all programs. (20%)
- Assist in answering all program related inquiries on applicants in various admissions systems (CAS, Recruit, Enrole, SalesForce). (15%)
- Process daily mail, which includes loose credentials from applicants. (15%)
- Match loose credentials to existing applications, and log/scan them into admissions systems. (15%)
- Assist in the registration, organization and implementation of both on and off-site information sessions. (5%)
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Admissions systems experience and facility is preferred with Centralized Application Services/ Colleague (Datatel)/SalesForce/Ellucian Recruit.
- One to three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Previous higher education experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions effectively.
- Customer-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel.
MA-Charlestown-MGH IHPWork Locations:
MGH IHP (MGHCharlestownIHP)
36 First Avenue
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Schedule:
Day JobEmployee Status:
Jun 23, 2021