Req ID: req9543 Position Title: Digital and Social Media Coordinator Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: GS9940 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: External Affairs Location Address:
1111 W 17th St
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate Work Schedule: Typically 8 hours/day, 5 days/week Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: The Digital and Social Media Coordinator will support marketing efforts for OSU Center for Health Sciences and OSU Medicine’s social media and digital marketing initiatives. The Digital and Social Media Coordinator is customer-service focused and has experience developing digital and social media strategies and tactics, while optimizing marketing performance and engagement. The Digital and Social Media Coordinator will create daily organic content for all OSU-CHS social media platforms and paid content for digital advertising campaigns. Candidate must have strong written communication skills, and videography/photography skills. The Digital and Social Media Coordinator will develop and maintain digital ad campaigns, social media campaigns as well as identify target audiences and plan digital efforts as needed by OSU-CHS and OSU Medicine to reach target audiences, including potential medical and graduate students, high school pipeline, alumni, patients, and other stakeholders.
Typical office environment.
Ability to lift and carry 8-10 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger,grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or withoutreasonable accommodations.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.) Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, advertising, mass communications, English, or equivalent
- At least two (2) years of related experience
- Must have strong written communication skills, and photography skills
- Proficient in: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experience in digital marketing strategy and tactics is required with working knowledge of social platforms, PPC, SEO, SEM, and email
- Knowledge of advertisingon Facebook/Instagram, Google and YouTube
A flexible team playerwho is self-motivated and meets deadlines. Excellent customer-service skills. Abilityto facilitate workflow processes. Ability to develop and execute social andmarketing strategies and plans. Strong understanding of current online marketingconcepts strategy and best practices. Experience in identifying targetaudiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate. Writing,editing and proofreading skills are required. Videography skills are needed.Basic video editing skills in Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere. Basicgraphic design skills with software such as Photoshop or Canvas.
Preferred: Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
- Master's degree in journalism, marketing, advertising, mass communications, English, or a related field
- At least three (3) years of experience in digital marketing, public relations and/or journalism, advertising or online marketing
- Experience with social media, especially monitoring and creatingmessages for an organization
- Experience working in an academicsetting
- Photography and video content development and production is a plus
- Videography and photography experience
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.