Senior Compliance Manager Location:
Columbia Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) within the Institutional Review Board (IRB)
The Office of Research and Economic Development at the University of Missouri (MU) is pleased to announce an opening for a Senior Compliance Manager, reporting directly to the Associate Director, to work within the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP), specifically the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Duties for this position include:
- Leads IRB review processes for complex biomedical, social, behavioral, and educational research.
- Monitors existing, approved studies to ensure continued compliance.
- Assists with reviews utilizing external IRBs as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Attend IRB meetings and assist with the documentation of discussions and determinations of the IRB protocols.
- Provides compliance related guidance to the IRB members, investigators, staff, and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver educational and training programs, including individualized assistance for investigators and research units.
- Ability to quickly learn a new electronic system to perform IRB and other compliance reviews
- Assist the Associate Director and Director in other tasks as needed.
Successful candidates for this position will:
- Possess expanded conceptual knowledge of the legal and compliance function
- Independently conduct reviews requiring substantial attention to detail, problem solving skills, and a high level of accuracy
- Embrace constant change and continuous improvement efforts to support the research mission of the institution
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work well in a team environment
- Willingly continue to learn new information and expand their knowledge base in an effort to support the goals of the HRPP by attending seminars, conferences, and other educational opportunities
If you are driven to meet deadlines, can communicate complex information to multiple stakeholders, and can apply a customer service focus in a regulatory and compliance setting, then we want to hear from you!
Salary Range: $50,000 - $70,000/year
University Title: Senior Compliance Manager
Internal applicants can determine their current grade and university title by accessing the Job Information page through the Additional Employee Info tile in myHR.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
At least 5 years of experience in a human research and/or research compliance setting.
Existing knowledge of human subject research regulations, including FDA regulations for clinical trials.
Possess a Certification of IRB Professionals (CIP).
Please submit an online application and include an updated resume/CV and cover letter.
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: