Administrative Support Associate - AdvancedPosition Number:
932204Vacancy Open to:
Academic AffairsClassification Title:
10421 Admin Support AssociateCompetency Level:
3 - AdvancedWorking Title:
Administrative Support Associate - AdvancedNumber of Vacancies:
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE):
1.0Full Time or Part Time:
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
$31,200 - $45,447Anticipated Hiring Range:
$31,200 - $37,000Salary Grade Equivalency:
8-5pmPosition Location (City):
Staff - Office/ClericalOrganizational Unit Overview:
This position is housed in the Pirate Academic Success Center (PASC) which is part of the Undergraduate Studies unit in Academic Affairs. The Administrative Support Specialist will report to the Director of the PASC.Job Duties :
The position will involve a variety of functions including:
1. Manage budget and budget transfers for the Pirate Academic Success Center.
2. Oversee supply ordering and reconcile bills (Procard holder and reconciler).
3. PORT requisitions and management.
4. Provide oversight of phone and copy billing and notify billers of errors.
5. Complete Direct Payment forms.
6. Manage multiple funding sources including grants and foundation funds.
7. Complete discretionary spending forms for professional staff members.
Staffing, Employment, and Office Maintenance:
1. Provide administrative support for 6 professional staff members.
2. Determine the front reception staff coverage and arrange schedules as needed.
3. Oversee foot and phone traffic in a busy reception/information area.
4. Schedule appointments for professional staff, tutors, and mentors.
5. Initiate work orders for center operations.
6. Process EPAFS for all professional and student staff members.
7. Work directly with Financial Aid and Student Employment to accurately process 125 student workers each semester.
8. Assist with candidate searches and employment processes.
9. Assist with student employment timesheets and reconcile system hours.
Travel: Minimum Education/Experience:
1. Secure travel arrangements for all professional and student staff.
2. Complete travel requests and reconcile travel.
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.License or Certification required by statute or regulation:
N/ALicense or Certification required by the Department:
N/ASpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Job Open Date:
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
06/16/2021Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment has been completed. :
06/23/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE:
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment:
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.Office of Human Resources Contact Information:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.