Senior Research Analyst, Planning, Research, Innovation, and Institutional Effectiveness Office -MJCSite: :
Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other:
$5,786 – 7,382 per month – Range 45 (2019-2020 Classified Salary Schedule)*
Categorically Funded Position (Continued employment in this position is dependent upon funding).
40 hours per week, 12 months per yearBenefits :
Appointments are hired a t the first step of the range. The second step is paid after the first year of satisfactory service with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.
The District currently pays for a health option for the employee and dependents. Employees may elect to pay a premium for a higher health option. Vision care and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents is District paid. Income protection and life insurance premiums for the employee are also District paid.Job Description:
Under direction, leads and performs highly complex duties related to the design, development, analysis, testing, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of relational databases and cross-functional research projects. Lead, coordinate, and present highly complex, institution-wide research studies primarily related to institutional effectiveness and student learning. Apply advanced knowledge or research methodology as a project leader and technical expert, including the development and maintenance of research information systems and databases. Support the institution’s planning functions by providing information and research for decision-making and policy analysis.Minimum Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The knowledge and ability requirements are representative of essential duties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Research methods including study design, sampling, data collection and analysis, and report writing for quantitative, qualitative and historical information in an educational environment.
• Computers, statistical software, and relational database management software and proficiency in their design and use for research projects; collection and coding of data;
• Assessing and evaluating student learning and institutional effectiveness;
• Various software packages and data sources related to educational research.
Ability to: Education and Experience:
• Perform advanced and extensive technical research and evaluation tasks;
• Build, maintain, and troubleshoot relational databases; Identify solutions for effective data communication between the YCCD enterprise system and external software programs;
• Interpret research needs;
• Design research for original data collection and analysis;
• Gather, analyze, interpret, and make recommendations based on data from a wide variety of sources;
• Create, develop, and maintain databases;
• Communicate effectively (oral, written, symbolic forms) with all audiences;
• Establish effective working relationships with others;
• Place and interpret research data and findings in the context of higher education and California Community College functioning;
• Prioritize on a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule;
• Work independently and cooperatively as a team member with other researchers and staff.
• Be sensitive to and understand the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds in a community college.
Experience: Two years equivalent to a Research Analyst at YCCD, performing duties that provided familiarity with a specialized academic area (which may vary depending upon the assignment of the position).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education (institutional research), statistics, mathematics, economics, or social/behavioral sciences or closely related field.
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in projects requiring statistical/analytical work.Example of Duties:
• Develop and/or construct and maintain a variety of research information systems and software packages used for data management, analysis, and graphics.Licenses and Certificates:
• Design data dashboards and relational databases for data analysis.
• Provide advanced professional support duties related to the design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of data tools.
• Identify and build needed database expansion, including integration with YCCD enterprise system.
• Design and implement all phases of research studies, including selecting appropriate research designs, collecting and accurately analyzing data, preparing narrative reports for (and presenting findings to) various audiences.
• Select, adapt, and apply appropriate research and statistical techniques to specific areas of study.
• Provide technical assistance, training, and consultation to college faculty and staff in the use of data tools, research, and findings.
• Plan, design, and test research instrumentation and evaluate data to assess reliability and validity of findings.
• Organize and present research-based information and analysis in narrative, tabular, graphical, and oral form via in-person presentations, webinars, newsletters, and other communication channels.
• Collect, analyze, evaluate, and provide recommendations based on quantitative, qualitative and historical information from multiple and various sources, both internal and external.
• Monitor and analyze statewide initiatives.
• Assist faculty, staff, and administrators in the assessment and evaluation of institutional effectiveness and student learning at the course, program, and college levels.
• Assist faculty, staff, and administrators in Program Review, accreditation self-study, and various planning processes, primarily by supplying needed and desired information in appropriate formats.
• Learn and maintain emerging systems, databases, and other technologies and advances as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
When driving a district vehicle, a valid California driver’s license and evidence of appropriate automobile insurance based on DMV regulation may be requested.Physical and Mental Standards:
• Mobility: ability to sit for long periods, move about an office, stand occasionally, and reach above and below desk level.Additional Applicant Information:
• Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes.
• Lifting occasional lifting of papers, files, equipment and material weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently.
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person.
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate; frequent contact with others including some public contact; frequent deadlines and time-limited assignments.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Open Date:
07/06/2021Open Until Filled: