San Joaquin Delta Community College District
NOTE: Please review your application and documents for completeness BEFORE submitting your application. Once your application is submitted, revisions or additions after submission will NOT be considered.
San Joaquin Delta Community College District is seeking a One-Year Temporary faculty member as an Instructional Designer. This position is an academic reassigned time position at 35 hours a week. The ideal candidate will share in the college's commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.COLLEGE DESCRIPTION:
San Joaquin Delta Community College District, as part of our Vision, “promotes a climate of respect and authentic engagement. We are culturally responsive to the needs of our diverse student body. We strive to increase and sustain equitable outcomes for all students. We recruit and retain quality employees who are reflective of our students and the community we serve, in addition to providing all personnel with equity and diversity training.”
San Joaquin Delta College is a proud Chicanx/Latinx, and Hispanic-Serving Institution, Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution, and Minority Serving Institution, serving over 20,000 students in the California Central Valley. The student population is as follows: by ethnicity - 47% Latinx, 18.5% White, 18.4% Asian/Filipino/Pacific Islander, 8.8% Black/African American, 0.4% American Indian, 5.7% two or more races and 1.2% unknown; by gender - 54.6% female, 43.6% male, 1.8% unspecified; and by age - 28.9% ages 17 or younger, 49.7% ages 18-21, 19.6% ages 22-34, and 7.2% ages 35 and older.
San Joaquin Delta College works to create an inclusive environment that provides a safe-haven for international students, veterans, re-entry students, LGBTQIA+ students, and students of various learning styles regardless of citizenship status.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Dean of Regional and Distance education, the Instructional Designer (ID) leads and provides oversight for all the instructional design activities of the college.
The successful candidate will provide evidence of knowledge and understanding of the racial, socioeconomic, and academic diversity within community college populations; the candidate will also show knowledge and understanding of how these factors relate to the need for equity-minded and culturally-responsive practices in the community college setting.
This faculty member serves as an internal consultant to faculty to conceptualize, design, develop, deliver, and assess high quality hybrid and online courses. The ID partners with the campus to develop and implement comprehensive, coordinated programs, curriculum, systems and support for faculty and instructional development that promote excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and technology. The ID works closely with faculty to promote the quality of hybrid and online courses, lead and coordinate the implementation of new initiatives, develop and teach pedagogy courses and mentor faculty in instructional course design. The position leads the execution of instructional design projects from inception to completion and serves as the District's lead for California Community College Chancellor's Office initiatives.
This position interacts with many different individuals from across TrACs and departments, including working with committees, Academic Senate, and other campus governance groups
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the execution of instructional design District projects from inception to completion. Consult with faculty from the planning, development, design, peer review process and implementation. Coordinate processes and provide mentoring and support.
- Consults with faculty on course design, course development, learning objectives, classroom management, active learning, assignments, and interactive activities coupled with assessment methods, online course and equity rubric alignment, and teaching strategies for hybrid and online courses.
- Serve as the faculty coordinator on course design efforts and coordinate the work of faculty, subject matter experts, peer online course reviewers, and accessibility experts.
- Coordinate peer online course review teams and manage steps in process.
- Lead faculty training in course design and online andragogy; mentor faculty in the effective use of a learning management system (LMS) for hybrid and online instruction.
- Consult with faculty to recommend multimedia tools, best uses of technologies, and ways to develop assessment rubrics.
- Research current trends, issues, and developments with instructional design and innovative pedagogies. Share results, information, and resources with faculty.
- Design and develop interactive multimedia content for use in courses coupled with providing training for faculty in multimedia skills and best practices.
- Work with faculty to examine and remediate one's instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively support diversity, equity, and inclusion to improve student success and close equity gaps.
- Lead the development of online course templates for all departments.
- Support faculty in exploring statewide initiatives, projects and goals (i.e. California Virtual Campus, Online Education Initiative, Peer Online Course Review process) and Open Educational Resources / Zero Textbook Costs for adoption and use.
- Helps ensure faculty and district compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations.
- Maintain office hours and participate in additional service hours/activities that benefit the student, college, or community.
- Participate in departmental, divisional, advisory, campus-wide and community committees as part of the shared-governance process and service area needs of the District.
- Perform other necessary duties as specified in the faculty contract and outlined in Board Policy.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Instructional Design, Education, Information Technology, Computer Science, or any other related field, OR the equivalent; and four (4) years demonstrated successful experience working with academic technologies, instructional design and/or working with learning management platforms, preferably support online learning. Experience in courseware design and leading training for online teaching. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different student abilities, learning styles, cultures, and ethnic groups.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated experience teaching in a variety of settings, including but not limited to online, dual enrollment, and large lectures. A willingness to develop and utilize instructional materials, including lectures and labs for multiple modalities.
- Ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques (lecture and labs) and equipment such as multimedia hardware, current applications, and online instructional strategies. Working knowledge of Canvas is particularly desirable.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 60,783
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 92,125
- External Closing Date: Jul 8, 2021
- External Opening Date: Jun 16, 2021
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency