Operations Support Manager, Office of the University Registrar - Georgetown University Main Campus
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
This position serves as the Operations Support Manager
in the Office of the University Registrar. The Operations Support Manager is responsible for providing Operations and administrative support to the departments within the Office of the University Registrar, and requires absolute confidentiality of information accessed and/or processed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to Registrar and senior management
- Make travel arrangements for management and staff attending conferences
- Maintain office equipment and provide timely management of service contracts.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as needed (operational, equipment, office, etc.)
- Create and solicit meeting agenda items and record minutes and action items.
- Follow up on outstanding action items for monthly and other routine meetings.
- Maintain a calendar of OUR communications soliciting updates and edits prior to distribution.
- Notarize documents as needed
- Run reports related to student records and office processes to assess data integrity and take corrective action to resolve any issues
- Prepare reports and/or data extracts for departments as requested
- Serve as a resource to the Office of the University Registrar to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Coordinates requests for hires, terminations, transfers, costing allocation changes and compensation adjustments for staff and students
- Accurately completes and submits forms and documentation as needed to appropriate offices to ensure timely processing of payroll and personnel transactions
- Reviews supporting documentation for requested payroll and personnel transactions; communicates directly with departmental directors and colleagues, if documentation is insufficient
- Ensure receipt of goods and resolves variances between orders and products received
- Attend all mandatory GMS and Banner training sessions and will be expected to perform at a high level within the Workday punchouts and the Banner student information system.
- Escalate critical issues as necessary
- Continually assess and suggest improvements to realize operational efficiencies
- Scheduling and managing the professional team calendars as needed
- Ad hoc assignments
- Directing and evaluating administrative department operations and staff members to ensure the business operates in a smooth, efficient manner.
- Developing, analyzing, reviewing, and implementing administrative department systems and controls
- Training, hiring, coaching, and leading support student staff members
- Establishing and enforcing department regulations, guidelines, , and timelines
- Handling or monitoring staff as they perform basic office tasks, such as answering phones, greeting and directing visitors, making arrangements for meetings or travel, and distributing mail.
- Scheduling and coordinating staff for New Student Orientation
- Coordinate registration satellite events (i.e. Athletics PIN reg, CSP reg etc.)
- Ensuring that information and records are organized and stored in a proper manner.
- Assisting with office space design and installation.
- Coordinate schedule and manage staff for document imaging.
- Ensuring that the office systems, controls, policies, procedures, and workspaces are in compliance with current regulations or legislation.
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Bachelor degree and 3-5 years of administrative experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with financial management is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with a mastery of Excel (vLookups, pivot tables, etc.) and experience and/or familiarity with managing large volumes of data and database queries is also required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. A service-oriented, professional demeanor and a team orientation (avoid “it's not my job”) is required.
- Must be able to collaborate with diplomacy and confidence to handle all situations, especially those of a confidential nature and in interactions with other University administrators, parents and students.
- Must be able to work well under pressure. Skilled and successful at prioritizing work and multi-tasking to meet deadlines. Strong time management skills are a must.
- Must be detail oriented and able to think outside the box to solve issues creatively.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Operations-Support-Manager--Office-of-the-University-Registrar---Georgetown-University-Main-Campus_JR10403
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency