Staff Research Associate 3 (9611C) 19628
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 29, 2021
The UC Berkeley Cancer Research Laboratory (CRL) was founded in 1951. Since then, our mission has been to support fundamental cancer research on the UC Berkeley campus. Our goal is to provide world-class scientists at Berkeley with resources and facilities that will help them in their ambitious quest to develop novel therapeutic approaches to cancer.
- Operation of Aria Fusion Cell sorter. This will entail direct, professional interactions with Scientist and other Researchers sorting cell samples for various applications like immunofluorescence, and gene reporting.
- Create and design Flow Cytometry and cell sorting Experiments.
- Training Users of the analyzers.
- Training Users of the HHMI Aria Fusion Cell sorter.
- Consult and assist users of the analyzers and the HHMI Aria Fusion Cell sorter.
- Maintenance, set up (and some troubleshooting) of the Aria Fusion Cell sorter. These responsibilities includes performing daily quality control procedures.
- Maintenance and setup (and some troubleshooting) of the HHMI Aria Fusion Cell sorter.
- Assist with billing, orders, data backups and other administrative duties.
- Previous experience independently operating flow cytometry instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or equivalent experience/training
- Knowledge and expertise of BD FACS Aria instruments, including DIVA software.
- Bachelor's degree in Science (Molecular Biology, Immunology, Gene reporting and/or a combination of both applications including Physics, Chemistry, engineering, etc.) and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=19628&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency