Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Operations
Lead and strategically plan, develop, manage and implement all aspects of the athletics department's external operations. Responsible for providing positive leadership for marketing, revenue generation, corporate sponsorship programs, brand management, strategic communications, creative video, graphic design, game-day production, in-venue scoreboard production, the fan experience, ticket sales, digital media and social media. This position serves as a member of the Director of Athletics Leadership Team and reports directly to the Athletics Director. These initiatives should target a variety of diverse audiences including current students, alumni, faculty, friends of Pacific, and the surrounding community.
1. Digital, Creative & Brand Management:
• Responsible for implementing a comprehensive brand development strategy, while also maintaining high brand standards for all design, video, and social media.
• Maximize visibility for sport programs in the marketplace.
• Work in alignment with university marketing/communications to increase brand recognition and presence through print, web and social media.
• Supervise all web streaming activities/content for online game broadcasts.
• Oversee all Pacific Tigers branding decisions.
2. Marketing and Promotions:
• Develop and implement innovative and sustainable marketing plans established to educate, inform, and attract target audiences, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of the programming.
• Manage and coordinate promotional activities for athletic contests and related special events.
• Manage advertising campaigns for print and electronic media.
• Serve as the primary liaison with coaches and staff as well as campus partners to ensure that brand and marketing standards of the university and the athletics department are met and that projects are completed within budget and on time.
• Work closely with Facilities & Events, Development and Alumni Relations.
3. Multi-Media & Sales:
• Develop, implement and direct a corporate sponsorship, advertising, sales and event planning process with local, regional and national businesses.
• Responsible for all sponsorship sales, activations and fulfillment.
• Manage relationships with external partners in media and licensing.
4. Strategic Communication & Public Relations:
• Create strategy for all external department communication including but not limited to press releases, direct email communications and social media.
• Responsible for the presence, impact, and branding of www.pacifictigers.com and the management of all website content including web streaming, stats reporting and human-interest stories.
• Lead, manage and strategically structure the communications department.
• Support a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion that reinforces the university’s commitment to DEI and demonstrates a commitment to working with a diverse staff and student body.
• Work intentionally and collaboratively with athletics senior staff and other campus personnel to support the overall goals and objectives of Athletics and the University.
• Lead and supervise personnel, providing guidance and support for direction and growth.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Ten (10) years of progressive experience in external operations in sport.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing or a related field.
• Master’s Degree.
• More than ten (10+) years of experience in intercollegiate athletics and/or professional sports, specifically marketing, fan engagement and brand management.
• Three (3) years of leadership experience.
• Knowledge of data analytics used to drive social media, the fan experience and effective marketing and brand strategy.
• Successful experience with revenue generation through sponsorship development, sales and fulfillment.
• Knowledge and awareness of NCAA and West Coast Conference compliance requirements, rules and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Constant verbal and written communication. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Must be prepared to work non-business hours, including nights and weekends. Occasional travel required.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserve the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19295
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency