Job location: Wichita, KS Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0006269 Job Description:
KHSC- KansasCOM is currently seeking an HR Generalist. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will interact with managers, employees and HR colleagues at the System Office to provide high quality support and advice on all human resources- related matters including but not limited to recruiting, HRIS, payroll, benefits, compliance, on-boarding, and employee policies.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain confidential employment data, health records, and electronic data utilizing HRIS database (Workday).
- Act as first point of contact for internal and external inquiries such as benefit-related questions, form requests, and policy/procedure clarification.
- Support the talent acquisition/recruiting function with various administrative tasks such as coordinating interviews, managing data in the HRIS, posting new positions on applicant tracking system, and assisting with on-boarding tasks.
- Become subject matter expert on all Kansas Health Science Center and related policies and procedures in an effort to inform and educate employees and personnel as well as resolve various employee-related issues.
- Update and maintain employee and faculty handbooks on an annual basis supporting legal and executive team decisions.
- Assist in the development of human resources policies in order to satisfy legal requirements in the state of Kansas.
- Assist management in required personnel functions such as disciplinary procedures and appropriate corresponding paperwork/documentation.
- Identify and communicate ideas for on-going employee and supervisory training based on employee feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws, emphasis on Kansas employment laws.
- Conceptual thinker with solid knowledge of Human Resource – related issues.
- Creative, innovative, and energetic individual with strong analytical skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with management and be seen as a trusted colleague among the general staff.
- Ability to work with independently and self-sufficient.
- Strong organizational skills, including managing workload and projects, multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong business acumen and technologically savvy.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of multi-faceted human resources assistant/coordinator experience.
- Experience in professional working environment, nonprofit or higher-education setting highly desired.
- Adept in utilizing human resource information systems (HRIS) and applicant tracking systems (ATS), experience with Workday highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Adobe products (Acrobat, Flash, Reader, etc.).
- Normal office environment.
- Regular use of a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties
- Regular use of hands and arms for repetitive motions
- Regular periods of sitting
- Regular periods of standing/walking
- Occasional ability to lift or move up to 10 pounds
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.