The Senior Admissions Counselor is responsible for assisting the Director and Associate Director in the development of recruitment and enrollment strategies for first-year, transfer and graduate students. The Senior Counselor will provide leadership and guidance to junior counselors on recruitment best practices, developing effective presentations, and assist in their training and onboarding. In addition to these responsibilities, they will be responsible for managing an assigned recruitment territory, visiting and conducting presentations and portfolio reviews at high schools, college fairs, community colleges, community-based organizations, and portfolio days. The Senior Admissions counselor is expected to meet with students, teachers, parents, and guidance counselors, and community-based organizations virtually and in person both on and off-campus. They will manage a designated applicant pools; first year, transfer and graduate; proactively handling outreach to those at all stages of the application funnel to assist in completing their application with the goal of ultimately enrolling. Other duties include planning and participating in virtual and on-campus events such as Open House and admitted student events; tracking and reviewing portfolios through SlideRoom, application management in Ellician CRM Recruit; evaluating and reviewing graduate transcripts; and serving as the Tyler Art and Architecture Admissions liaison to Temple University when appropriate. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Sr. Admissions Counselor will also be responsible for providing leadership to junior staff; managing specific recruitment territories; managing specific applicant pools; knowing and communicating specific information about Tyler School of Art and Architecture programs, residence hall and campus life options, financial aid services, and admissions policies with prospective students, parents, and teachers; participating in on-campus recruitment events, including Open Houses, portfolio review sessions, counseling sessions, Experience Temple days, and other programs; conducting individual and group interviews and portfolio reviews; responding to written, telephoned, and emailed requests; helps to coordinate on and off-campus events; evaluates transcripts for potential and current applicants; interpret recommendations and test scores; respond to appeals from students, parents, counselors, teachers; identify possible honors, scholarships, and at risk students; act with the Temple liaisons from undergraduate and graduate admissions in assisting students, parents, counselors, etc; processes application materials for Tyler graduate applications; help track and record graduate admissions applications; act as liaison to faculty for graduate and undergraduate admissions; represents the Tyler School of Art and Architecture at the University level through 1) participation in main-campus recruitment events, 2) helping to identify recruitment and enrollment strategies.
Required Education & Experience:
Undergraduate degree in Art and Design required. Two years of directly related experience in an academic setting in higher education or related field preferred. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to assess, critique, and evaluate portfolios of work in areas relative to Tyler School of Art and Architecture for freshmen, transfer and graduate students
* Must have access to personal vehicle for travel, to be reimbursed as per University travel policy. Must travel by car or plane; carry informational materials and AV equipment to recruitment programs; stand for 2-4 hours at a time during programs; exposure to adverse weather conditions during recruitment travel.
* Demonstrated ability to assess, critique, and evaluate portfolios of work in areas relative to Tyler Architecture and Landscape Architecture for freshmen, transfer and graduate students.
* Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills.
* Must be able to work some nights and many weekends (approximately 15 weekend dates).
* Must be able to travel off-campus for recruitment and have access to a reliable means of transportation for travel to areas that are not accessible by public transportation.
* Must also be able to travel by air or rail.
* Demonstrated knowledge and use of personal computers and database management required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint.
***Please include a cover letter***
*Graduate degree in Art and Design
* Demonstrated familiarity with or degree in architecture, landscape architecture, planning or related field.
* Two years of related experience in an academic setting in higher education or related field.
*This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-report
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Tyler School Of Art and Architecture
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular