Job DescriptionUniversity of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is currently seeking a Senior Sustainability and Effectiveness Specialist to join the Office of Operations & Planning. UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021). In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. PRIMARY DUTIES:
• Oversee aspects of the sustainability educational and campus engagement programs to foster a campus culture of environmental sustainability, including day to day operations and project management.• Compile and analyze university data for the ongoing Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS) self-assessment program.
• Chair of the Sustainability Logistics Subcommittee meetings and track progress toward University strategic goals
• Develop content and prepare documents for presentations, workshops, articles, and sustainability marketing campaigns
• Research and identify grant-writing and other funding opportunities in support of expanded campus sustainability efforts
• Monitor best practices related to sustainability at the University's benchmark peer institutions and other select institutions and make recommendations for new sustainability programming and modifications to existing programs.
• Develop and facilitate workshops, meetings, and conferences. Coordinate logistics, scheduling, communications and assessments.
• Support the overall success of the University's sustainability efforts by performing all other duties as assigned.• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree requiredExperience:
Three (3) years of experience with teaching, research, programs, or operations focused on sustainability or operational effectiveness. Prior experience in energy reduction initiatives, and effective behavior change programs preferred.Supervisory Experience:
N/A KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge.
Commensurate with education and experience UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
Office of Operations & PlanningJob Posting:
Jun 15, 2021Unposting Date:
Jun 30, 2021, 11:59:00 PM