Job DescriptionUniversity of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) School of Pharmacy is currently seeking a Health Services Research Program Director within the department of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research.
The Program Director of Research is responsible for strategic oversight and growth of the pharmaceutical research activities of the Data To Action,Health Services Research, Resource and Education Program. We focus on advancing dissemination and implementation science, generating evidence and putting into practice, and translating data into information and information into action.
Our major research initiatives include prevention, data implementation and dissemination science methods development and the evaluation of large scale prevention and treatment programs.
The position is responsible for maintaining and expanding our stakeholder network, generating new funding, and assuring the sustainability of funding and relationships with partnering organizations.
Key activities involve serving as key personnel on studies; managing and monitoring progress of collaborative research initiatives and partnerships; obtaining new funding; distributing new grant proposals (RFPs) to appropriate individuals at the University of Maryland and our stakeholder networks; performing internal peer review of proposals prior to submission; overseeing program staff; and working closely with the Executive Director of the Program on business development and aligning activities with University of Maryland priorities and strategic goals. The Director also works in collaboration with principal investigators, researchers, and advisors to write new proposals, generate new funding, and assure quality and transparency of our work. UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021). BENEFITS:
This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee and actively participate in research activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Program.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic research direction for the Program.
- Develop research proposals for initiatives that are consistent with the Program’s strategic research priorities: developing and implementing new projects; preparing and administering requests for proposals; managing the internal peer review of these proposals and post-award implementation; and assisting in identifying promising scientists, institutions, and collaborators for engagement in these efforts.
- Identify funding opportunities and submit and obtain funding for new proposals.
- Assure compliance with all requirements of funding agencies that provide support to the Program; collaborate with appropriate business offices and personnel to document activities and deliverables using appropriate forms; and work with key personnel to obtain and provide documents and documentation of project activities for which the Program is responsible.
- Manage Program staff, trainees and volunteers.
- Organize and manage external communications, dissemination activities, and conferences.
- Lead activities for Advisory Board and Peer Networks.
- Advise the Executive Director on research matters within the broader context of the Program.
- Write and publish articles with team on a regular basis in peer reviewed journals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Preferred Education:
PhD in a research intensive program and related research experience. Experience:
Five (5) years of related research experience working in an appropriate field with at least two (2) years of research experience of overall responsibility for program direction, coordination, and implementation. Demonstrated expereince publishing in peer reviewed journals. Preferred Experience:
Experience working on large projects and related activities. Experience in grant writing and in securing grant funding. Supervisory experience or experience as principal investigator. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with federal grant submission and reporting processes.
- Possesses the skills/demonstrated experience necessary to positively influence others to submit proposals and receive funding and/or favorable scores.
- Dependable and efficient at distributing funding opportunities announcements and supporting grant submissions that are in the best interest of the Program and related projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to set research priorities, develop a sustainability plan for research and related activities, monitor progress, and track reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of implementation, dissemination and evaluation research methods and funding source.
- Possesses the skills necessary to conduct methods development or empirical studies in alignment with standard research protocols and best practices.
- Ability to oversee research activities in collaborations and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to ensure that the Program’s aims and goals are achieved in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Commensurate with education and experience UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Health Services ResearchJob Posting:
Jun 14, 2021Unposting Date:
Jun 28, 2021, 11:59:00 PM