The Department of Marketing at California State University, Fullerton invites candidates to apply for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level to begin Fall 2022. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Marketing or related field by the starting date (no later than August 2022). Successful candidates will be expected to take a leadership role in their area of expertise; generating a focused stream of scholarly research in A and B level marketing journals as well as developing and teaching courses in this area. Evidence of good teaching and relevant industry experience is advantageous. Preference will be given to candidates with research and teaching background in Digital Marketing and Analytics.
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
CSUF faculty are committed teacher/scholars who bring research and creative discovery to life for students in classrooms, labs, studios, and individually mentored projects. They teach broadly in the curricula of their departments, advise students, and serve on departmental and university-wide committees. The primary responsibilities of the person in this position will include the development and teaching of introductory and core courses in the discipline, and the development of courses in their area(s) of specialization. Specific courses that this person will teach include digital and social media marketing, and marketing analytics. This person will also be responsible for producing scholarship / creative work commensurate with the requirements for tenure. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to and participate in the life and development of the department, advise students, serve on committees, and participate in the broader university and disciplinary communities.
- Ph.D. in Marketing or a related field; ABD’s are encouraged to apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the time of appointment.
- Research potential, as evidenced by journal publications and a well-defined research agenda for sustained publications in high-quality journals.
- University-level teaching experience with evidence of high-quality teaching, knowledge of high impact teaching methods and assessment.
- Readiness to advise and mentor a culturally diverse student body.
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse range of students, faculty, and staff.
A complete on‐line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php, choose full-time faculty, search for position #500941, and provide the following required materials:
- Letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- Candidate Statement on Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
- This statement provides the candidate’s unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help departments identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
- Finalists will be required to have three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by July 12, 2021. Applicants advancing to the next phase of the search process will be invited for interviews via Zoom or Skype. The anticipated appointment date is August 15, 2022.