Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
010115NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Building Environmental Technician - ContributingWorking Title:
Building Environmental TechnicianSalary Range:
$31,200Anticipate Hiring Range:
Facilities Management (Adm)Work Unit:
Building Environmental ServicesWork Schedule:
3:45 am – 12:15 pm; Monday – Friday
This employee is designated as ‘mandatory’ and, when contacted to report to work, is expected to reach the campus as expeditiously as possible using normal precautions as dictated by the adverse weather conditions.Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform housekeeping services in offices, classrooms, studios, auditoriums, restrooms and other public areas.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Essential Job Duties:
The Building Environmental Services (BES) Technician performs custodial services support for the University. Duties include but are not limited to:Other Work Responsibilities:
1. Clean and care for academic buildings, offices, studios, other State buildings and the grounds surrounding University and State facilities.
2. Maintain equipment and keep in good working order.
3. Compile and maintain checklists and report needs to BES Supervisor or appropriate lead BES Technician in the absence of Supervisor.
4. Assist the BES Supervisor and lead Technicians in testing and making policies and procedures recommendations on supply and equipment purchases.
5. Follow established Facilities Management, UNC Charlotte and State policies and procedures.
1. Use and care for all manual and power equipment and chemicals required in floor maintenance, housekeeping, recycling, event support and exterior litter removal functions.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
2. Work is guided by a daily schedule for general assignments.
3. Work is performed subject to close review and inspection with problems and special assignments not covered by instructions referred to a supervisor.
4. Duties are repetitive in nature and include physically-strenuous activities such as moving furniture, operating heavy cleaning equipment, wearing a back pack vacuum and delivering large quantities of housekeeping supplies.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned and/or delegated.
1. One year of experience in institutional housekeeping.Necessary Licenses or Certifications:
2. Good organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
3. Ability to properly use and care for all manual and power equipment and chemicals required in Building Environmental Services and floor care functions.
5. Ability to effectively communicate the English language (read, write, comprehend and speak) required.
6. Effective skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communications, however excellent communication skills are preferred.
7. Computer literate, knowledge and skill with Google Chrome and Microsoft Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new programs required.
8. Ability to effectively work/interact with persons from different backgrounds and cultures.
9. Ability to foster and create an atmosphere of teamwork with coworkers, visitors, building occupants and the entire campus community.
10. The selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1 Where applicable, must be eligible for required certification.Work Location:
2. Valid drivers license.
FM - Building Environmental Services - Team 5Posting date:
06/29/2021Proposed Hire Date: