The Manager of Student Recruitment is responsible for planning and implementation of a student recruitment strategy for a scholarship program at a niche graduate university in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). This includes raising brand awareness in the higher education sector in target regions, establishing relationships with top STEM universities, oversee the daily operation and recruitment activities of team functions, supervision of the recruitment and outreach plans, and organizing engagement activities with stakeholders and influencers and yield programs for prospective students. This individual manages a global team of 3-4 international recruitment officers working independently under general supervision. The Manager reports to the Director of Middle East Programs
THIS ROLE IS CONTIGENT ON FUNDING
• Work with the Program Director to oversee the creation and execution of a student recruitment campaign in the Higher Education community in North America, South and Southeast Asia, Russia, and Central Asia in close collaboration with IIE’s International Offices.
• In collaboration with team members, create and implement a timely global graduate student recruitment strategy for a scholarship at a niche graduate university in the UAE.
• Plan and oversee the implementation of institutional outreach, recruitment events, presentations, online and social media campaigns to inform and attract qualified and competitive applicants from target institutions.
• Promote the university degree programs among stake-holders, university officials and potential students.
• Establish, cultivate, and maintain working relationships with top STEM field universities in target regions to promote the scholarship among stakeholders, universities’ leadership, faculty, and students.
• Works with assigned team members to design, develop, and oversee all components of a scholarship lifecycles including recruitment, application, admission, yield and enrollment of a competitive pool of candidates.
• Manages a team of international recruitment professionals and trains and coach them to achieve program deliverables including accountability of each team deliverables.
• Collaborates with Program Director for updates and reporting. Develops and monitors metrics, work plans, processes and service delivery standards.
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
• Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, and persuade on matters that are highly complex and sensitive in nature. ; Proven ability to manage complex programs.
• In-depth knowledge of industry standards, systems and guidelines for selection processes and services.
• Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner, with superior attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage, motivate, and develop high-functioning teams.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.