DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver
Office of Student Transitions and Family Engagement
Lynx Summer Academy Faculty Teaching Position
Position # 00721066– Requisition # 21707
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Office of Student Transitions and Family Engagement has an opening for a position in the First Year Experiences’ Summer Bridge Program: Lynx Summer Academy as an Adjunct Faculty. The Lynx Summer Academy faculty member would be responsible for teaching HDFR 1111-001: You Got This – Learning to Lead for the Lynx Summer Academy program at the University of Colorado Denver. The Lynx Summer Academy provides newly admitted first-year first-generation students who will start in the fall semester the opportunity to enroll in four credit hours over the summer. Students selected for Lynx Summer Academy must also have accepted their fall admission to CU Denver.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The person holding this position would be responsible for:
Salary and Benefits:
- Teaching HDFR 1111-001 for the full duration of the Summer 2021 academic term (June 8th, 2021 – July 31st, 2021) on the assigned days for the full duration of the assigned course time
- Creating and leading lessons on a variety of pre-approved course materials and learning outcomes for each course meeting for roughly 25 Lynx Summer Academy participants
- Meeting one-on-one with students and student staff, including the Peer Advocate Leader (PAL) assigned to the course, at least once during the Summer 2021 academic term
- Meeting all the expectations of the First-Year Experience program as outlined in the First-Year Seminar course requirements
- Creating and grading assignments for students in the course
- Meet with the Lynx Summer Academy staff at least three times throughout the academic term to check-in on student progress
- Promote and encourage involvement in out-of-class engagement activities and events through the Lynx Summer Academy program and First-Year Experience office
- Participate in First-Year Experience trainings
The hiring range (or budgeted rate) for this position has been established at $3,500 - $5,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Have a completed masters degree in higher education, student affairs, teaching, or a related field from an accredited higher education institution or at least 18 credit hours of a masters-level work completed
- Have completed a bachelors degree from an accredited higher education institution
- Have taught an HDFR course at the University of Colorado Denver prior to 2021
- Have experience integrating college success lessons into academic curriculum
Must be willing and able to teach via Zoom in a remote synchronous course modality for Summer 2021Preferred Qualifications:
- A completed PhD or coursework completed in a PhD program in the field of student affairs, higher education, teaching and learning, or similar field
- Previous experience teaching in the Lynx Summer Academy at CU Denver
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hireJob Category:
Jun 15, 2021Unposting Date: