DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver
Office of International Affairs
Web Developer (Information Technology Senior Professional)
Position #00001476 – Requisition #21719* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Office of International Affairs has an opening for a part-time (0.75) University Staff (unclassified) Web Developer (IT Senior Professional) position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently. Nature of Work:
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) serves the University of Colorado Downtown Denver (CU Denver) and Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) and community by promoting international education, intercultural exchange, and diversity. OIA partners with the university’s schools/colleges and with other university offices to align international student recruitment efforts and services, support academic programs, foster global educational partnerships, facilitate research collaborations and create global learning opportunities.The Web Developer advances OIA’s strategic communication through information technology systems solutions, including website management, social media, and integrated communications. Specifically, the position administers multiple websites, e-communications cycles, e-advertising, e-templates, and e-newsletters; maintains online automation tools and applications; and keeps OIA’s communication systems up-to-date and functioning smoothly. Reporting to the OIA Director of Marketing and Communications, this position is a .75 FTE
that can be fully remote, or a combination of in-office/remote; successful candidates must be comfortable with and capable of collaborating and completing all assigned work outside of a traditional office environment. While some flexibility will be allowed, the university’s regular working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST/MDT. Web tech troubleshooting may occasionally need to be done outside of regular hours. Examples of Work Performed
- Develop, organize, and maintain multiple websites, e-communications cycles, e-advertising, e-templates, and e-newsletters
- Maintain online automation tools and applications including Zapier, Acuity, and others
- Combine IT solutions with creative communications best practices and limited customized coding within SiteFinity to develop effective, visually appealing strategic websites
- Align OIA websites and navigation with the University-wide student educational journey concept (Ideal Student Experience)
- Research web data (Google Analytics)
- Upgrade software and hardware
- Track, support, and troubleshoot systems
- Train staff on new and current communication systems
- Assist OIA staff with presentations and events (Zoom webinars, onsite set-ups)
- Maintain and monitor online security standards in collaboration with the OIA Marketing & Communications Director and the Office of Information Technology
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $41,996 to $53,418 (at 0.75 FTE).The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
*Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Conditions of Employment:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- 2 years of comprehensive IT support experience, which includes working with HTML, CSS, and responsive web design.
- Willing and able to occasionally work outside of regular hours for web tech troubleshooting.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Linux configuration, SQL databases, Python and other related applications.
- 2 years’ experience with Linux configuration, SQL databases, Python and other related applications.
- 2 years’ experience and proficiency with visual design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator).
- 2 years’ experience and proficiency with HTML, CSS, responsive website development with a working knowledge of user experience best practices.
- 2 years’ experience in the development of professional websites and e-communications.
Diversity and Equity:
- Understanding of best practices for user experience relevant to the development of websites and e-communications.
- Working knowledge of Progress SiteFinity.
- Working knowledge of Slate.
- Professionalism, collaboration, and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work effectively with members of the OIA team, University Web Services, and other University departments.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Jun 14, 2021Unposting Date: