Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate for the Blue Devil Network Assistant. This position will be responsible for video needs relating to external communications. Working closely with Marketing, Promotions, Internet Operations and various other departments, the job will encompass shooting and editing video for social media, fundraising, and GoDuke.com purposes.
- Produce and edit creative content for Duke Athletics social media platforms and GoDuke.com
- Create highlight packages and commercials for varsity athletic teams working with the Marketing Staff
- Work closely with Internet Operations and Sports Information staff to shoot, create, and improve video elements on social media platforms and GoDuke.com, including features, highlight packages, press conferences, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of emerging technologies as they develop
- Have a good knowledge of proper lighting techniques
- Have full understanding of Broadcast quality and DSLR type cameras and lenses
- Assist with all social media requests by social media director
- Shoot coaches' private and public messages
- Help with all in-house video requests other than sporting events, such as graduation, summer camps, and banquets
- Provide footage for national and regional networks, as well as for the coaches' shows
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of Blue Devil Network
- Have a team-first mindset and able to effectively work in a group environment
Work requires analytical, communication and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree program and working knowledge of sports video production and experience with a college or professional sports team; demonstrated video shooting, editing and production skills; an understanding of proper lighting techniques; a grasp of existing and emerging technology; outstanding communication and organizational skills; and experience with video editing systems such as AVID, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. Also, must have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
No experience required beyond bachelor's degree.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.