Job no: 498861
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Hourly Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Student Services Technician
Salary/Grade: Hourly $14.90
Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of Graduate and Online Admission. This position is responsible for managing the call center and main email accounts for Graduate and Online Admission.
● Maintains complete, accurate, and up-to-date files and computer databases on students.
● Serves as informational resource for students; investigates and resolves problems and difficulties regarding graduate and online admission. Interprets policies and procedures.
● Assist students in various routine and non-routine activities regarding admission, registration and financial assistance.
● Performs a variety of intermediate to complex administrative tasks which may include process admission applications, credentials, and decisions; registration, course evaluation, classroom scheduling and evaluate transfer coursework; process student loan applications, monitoring loan progress, and process scholarship application.
● Monitors and reviews projects; ensures all necessary changes are made. Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding admission, registrar and student financial assistance’s programs and activities; produces reports.
● Performs a variety of administrative tasks including answering phones, typing, coordinating bulk mailings, ordering supplies and copying
Requires twelve months of coursework or training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of unit’s operations, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with computer systems and various software applications.
- Knowledge of related state and federal laws, e.g. FERPA.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds.
- May require supervisory, clerical and/or research skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Flexibility, proficiency in data entry; ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions such as near continuous use of the computer.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 02 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time