PG191019EPInternal Recruitment :
Director of ComplianceAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experienceWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm with nights and weekends as needed.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Athletics - ComplianceAbout the Department:
The mission of the NC State Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University. This position will serve in the Facilities section of the North Carolina State University Athletic Department which competes as a NCAA Division I team in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Compliance Department is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all policies and procedures relative to a comprehensive NCAA Division I compliance program which includes, but is not limited to: amateurism; recruiting; eligibility; financial aid; playing and practice seasons; student-athlete employment; amateurism; extra benefits; enforcement and all required reporting documents.Essential Job Duties:
- Create and implement yearly educational plan outlining all educational sessions and efforts.
- Create, implement and present educational presentations for internal and external constituencies (e.g., staff-specific meetings, local merchants, institutional faculty/staff, and donors).
- Create and distribute periodic compliance education, as well as compliance articles in monthly and quarterly institutional/ athletics publications, and via social media.
- Send timely educational reminders to coaches/staff/student-athletes.
- Travel occasionally throughout the state to provide compliance-related educational sessions to boosters/donors/high schools.
- Responsible for monitoring all teams for compliance with NCAA rules related to: playing/practice seasons; CARA logs; Time Management Plans; all recruiting activities (e.g., emails, phone calls, text messages, evaluations, off-campus contacts); official visits; unofficial visits; complimentary admissions), annual awards, camps/clinics, and ensuring the timely processing of all ARMS workflows.
- Provide education, monitoring, interpretations, process waivers, and provide full compliance support to one to three intercollegiate teams for NCAA bylaws primarily in the areas of bylaws 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17.
Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance.Minimum Education and Experience:
Other Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year of compliance experience at an NCAA Division I institution, conference or related industry.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Master’s degree.
- Three years of compliance experience at an NCAA Division I institution.
- Previous experience with NCAA Compliance Assistant, LSDBi and ARMS.
- Knowledge of NCAA and ACC regulations.
- Ability to successfully manage a detail-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Desire to work hard and independently.
- Solid knowledge of computers and standard software programs to include database and word processing skills (e.g., Word; Excel; Google Docs; Google Sheets).
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well with others.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
06/14/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please be sure to include a cover letter, resume as well as contact information for three (3) professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
104002 - Athletics - AdministrationAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.