Requisition Number:31009Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Temporary StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:11-Jul-2021Date Posted:30-Jun-2021 Close All
Smead Aerospace Engineering Sciences encourages applications for the Temporary Accounting Technician! This position will be responsible for:
Purchases, Purchasing, Accounting, & HR:
- Enter purchase orders and requisitions, using the CU Marketplace system, based on requests from faculty, staff, and the needs of students for items used in their projects. If necessary, review the account budget & balances to ensure the purchase is the appropriate charge.
- Determine which documents are satisfactory to facilitate accurate submission of requisitions.
- Correct any problems with transactions including sales tax charges.
- Determine appropriate speed type and allocates charges to end-users via the expense system.
- Process reimbursements through the online expense system for research-related expenditures.
- Manage faculty and staff CU Corporate Card accounts. Solicit cardholder's outstanding receipts, collect receipts, create expense reports, and allocate charges to the appropriate account(s). Once the expense reports are complete, notify via CU Marketplace and via personalized e-mail that the report is ready for submission.
- Review outstanding expense reports after one week and follow up with cardholders to ensure that the report is submitted on time, avoiding any penalties from the Procurement Services Center (PSC) when analyzing the different approaches.
- Work with the AES Finance Manager on the hiring of Aerospace Dept., Teaching Assistants, and all hourly student positions by gathering the information needed to work with the Human Resources Service Center (HRSC) for appointment setup.
- Process monthly and biweekly payroll and timesheets for bi-weekly and Teaching Assistant appointments.
- Collect and verify the appropriateness of receipts turned in for reimbursement and process travel reimbursements/expense reports by ensuring accounts have sufficient funds and all known expenses are accounted for.
- Provide office support for department photocopier. Make sure paper and toner supplies are available and in working order, place office supply orders, and department event support when needed.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreCU Boulder is the place for aerospace. Our students and faculty are pushing the limits of aeronautics and astronautics research, designing next-generation unmanned aircraft, expanding the possibilities of remote sensing, and building space instruments and satellites for orbit around Earth and beyond.
Our mission is to provide students the highest quality education in aerospace engineering sciences, emphasizing hands-on learning, and to conduct fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research to meet societal needs through analysis, design, and implementation of aerospace systems, leveraging synergies between aerospace engineering and related sciences.
We are home to 56-tenure track, research, and instructional faculty, over 500 graduate students and 1,000 undergraduates.What We Can Offer
- Starting salary is $20.00/hr.
BenefitsTemporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave. Be StatementsBe Balanced. Be Courageous. Be Boulder.What We Require
- 1 year of accounting experience is desired.
What You Will Need
- Professional verbal and written communication.
- Great customer service and attention to detail skills in order to provide strong event experiences.
- Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communications and organizational skills, including full proficiency with standard business software and computer systems (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Internet.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and use independent judgment and works well under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related degree.
- Experience with CU Finance (Concur, HCM, etc.)
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 11th, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]