Requisition Number:31265Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Part-TimePosting Close Date:18-Jun-2021Date Posted:15-Jun-2021 Close All
Job SummaryWe are encouraging applications for an Academic Services Program Coordinator
to provide education programs, materials, and resources for a variety of audiences for the CU Museum
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe University of Colorado Museum cultivates exploration and appreciation of the natural environment and human cultures through research, teaching, and community outreach. We provide academic training for graduate students in Museum and Field Studies; build, conserve, and interpret research collections; and offer exhibits and educational programs for the University and the public. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeProgram Development and Delivery
- Coordinates education programs that further the mission of the CU Museum of Natural History and meets the needs of the identified audiences.
- Works with staff and faculty to identify and integrate education program ideas of high quality and relevance to the Museum, campus education and community experience in the natural sciences.
- Identifies and secures funding to support programming including grants, awards, sponsorships, revenues, donations, and in-kind collaborations.
- Plans and develops exhibition interpretation as part of exhibit team.
Campus and Community Outreach
- Coordinates development of project and program budgets and implementation project plans for education outreach and in-house activities.
- Manages budget and cost control of projects and programs effectively to deliver high-quality educational opportunities.
- Ensures program audience surveys, assessments, and evaluations are conducted, and impacts are tracked.
- Works with other museum resources to build audience awareness of museum education programs through the website, social media, and other marketing venues.
- Coordinates recruitment, training, and evaluation of museum docents and staff to deliver museum education programs to the public in an outstanding fashion.
- Serves as a liaison with education and support groups within the museum's mission-based community.
- Identifies and collaborates with internal and external partners to expand integrated, informal science opportunities on campus and within the natural sciences, cultural, and museum communities.
- Demonstrates leadership in and conformity with accepted standards, and strives to include internal and external audiences and professionals in an effort to increase accessibility to the museum's programs.
- Expands museum partnerships to engage an under-served audience, locally and across the state.
What You Should KnowThis is a part-time (50%) position that will begin in Fall 2022.What We Can Offer
- The 50% adjusted salary range is $23,000 - $34,000 annually.
- Comprehensive benefits included.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree in Museum Studies or related fields such as Biology, Paleontology, Anthropology, Natural History, Education, Art and Art History, or History or related field beneficial.
- 1-2 years of museum and/or museum-related experience.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work weekends and off-hours depending upon program needs.
- Proven experience in informal education.
- Abilities to work with diverse audiences.
What We Would Like You To HaveExpertise in one or more science areas that relate to the Natural History Museum. Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 18, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]