Search #: 495342
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Grants and Contracts
The Neag School of Education at the University of Connecticut seeks candidates for a Grants and Contracts Associate position in the Business Services Center at the UConn Storrs campus. Under the general direction of the Business Services Center Director, in collaboration with the Pre and Post Award Grant Managers, this position is responsible for providing pre-and post-award support with oversight and administration of grant activities for assigned accounts. The successful candidate will work with principal investigators to provide business and accounting expertise, provide regular accounting reports, assist with project reports, and all post-award matters, and act as a liaison between the principal investigator and internal and external stakeholders. This position will also assist with complex purchasing and payroll matters and serve as a backup for the Grant Managers and assist with pre-award materials when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field with 4-5 years of relevant experience in progressively responsible positions.
- Knowledge of grant proposals, contracts, policies, budgeting, and/or processes.
- Ability to work independently to analyze financial information and generate and present verbal and written financial reports.
- Strong leadership, organizational, project management, and planning skills.
- Solid computer skills including spreadsheets, financial software, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Knowledge of state, federal, or municipal purchasing and payroll policies and procedures.
- Experience working with state and federal grant reporting and compliance monitoring.
- Experience working in a higher education setting with grants and contracts.
- Ability to interpret and communicate detailed grant program guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of research administration.
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance.
- Experience with financial, purchasing, and grant processing and reporting systems.
This is a full-time permanent position with a one-year probationary period and an anticipated start date in August 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495342 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Please be sure your application materials demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position. Include the search number in all correspondence. Screening will begin immediately.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 30, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 30 2021 Eastern Daylight Time