Search #: 495332JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Services and programs coordinated by the Assistant Director for Student Staff Engagement promote the quality of life, academic success, and personal development for 12,000 diverse students of various class years living in 18 residential complexes, open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week through the management of Resident Assistant, Senior resident Assistant selection and training programs and the advisement of Residence Hall Association and Hall Associations. The Assistant Director for Student Staff Engagement is responsible for developing and implementing a thoughtful and comprehensive process for Resident Assistant and Senior Resident Assistant student staff recruitment, selection, and training; and advising the Resident Student Association and related hall associations. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Director of Residence Education on the overall marketing and assessment of student programming using the Residential Learning Model. This position will be responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, and development of all Resident Assistants and Senior Resident Assistants. This position designs and implements intentional learning opportunities for the Resident Assistant team, as well as Resident Assistant candidates.
This successful candidate is expected to balance job demands with the need to collaborate with university and community colleagues to enhance the department and one’s own professional development. The AD will execute their assigned functional responsibilities using a curricular approach by creating learning outcomes, outcome-based strategies, and assessments.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement and coordinate the recruitment, selection, training, and development of all Resident Assistants and Senior Resident Assistant for the Storrs and Stamford campuses.
- Designs and implements intentional learning opportunities for the Senior/Resident Assistant team, as well as Senior/Resident Assistant candidates. Delivers a holistic training model for fall and spring Senior/Resident Assistant staff training and in-service trainings throughout the academic year.
- Monitors the appraisal and performance documentation processes.
- Facilitates departmental recognition for Senior/Resident Assistants through the annual End of Year Resident Assistant Celebration, and other ongoing appreciation efforts.
- Establishes practices for para-professional Senior/Residential Assistant and Senior Resident Assistant staff to follow.
- Works with the Director of Educational Initiatives to develop and implement marketing and assessment strategies for programs that are part of the Residential Learning Model and the overall student staff selection process.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with campus partners for training sessions and initiatives.
- Provide overall management of the eRezlife software system
- Advise the Resident Assistant Advisory Board (RAAB) the Residential Housing Association (RHA) and provide support and guidance to Hall Association’s and their advisors
- May supervise a Graduate Student Assistant from the master’s program in Higher Education and Student Affairs program at UConn. The incumbent is expected to work independently, assume initiative, and contribute broadly to the mission, vision, and values of the Residential Life department. Assist the Director of Educational Initiatives with departmental planning efforts and operational tasks as needed and assigned.
- Serve in an on-call duty rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or related field
- 4 years of full-time experience in Residence Life
- Experience with crisis management and serving in an on-call capacity
- Articulated commitment to, demonstrated understanding of, and experience working with diverse populations.
- Articulated knowledge of student development principles, practices, and procedures
- Articulated knowledge of the trends related to college students, including organizational, personnel, and fiscal management.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, coordinating, supervising, and organizing programs and activities.
- Experience advising students individually and in groups
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments without detailed instructions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary for building professional relationships and providing customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively.
- Demonstrated experience integrating principles of diversity and inclusion into all aspects of work
- Experience with RoomPact, ERezlife, and THD
- Experience advising RHA or NRHH
- Supervisory experience at various levels (paraprofessional, graduate, professional)
This position is a permanent 12-month position, 35 hours per week. This position will report to the Director of Residence Education. TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495332 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 29, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 29 2021 Eastern Daylight Time