University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Division of Cardiology is seeking applicants for a full-time Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position at the Department of Medicine/Division of Cardiology.This position is for a professional research staff to assist in performing proteomics and mass spectrometry experiments, as well as data analysis in biomedical research laboratories. The primary professional responsibilities of the Professional Research Assistant will be to procure biological specimens for high-throughput molecular analysis, and perform data entry and processing tasks.In addition, the Professional Research Assistant is expected to help in the preparation and maintenance of experimental reagents, materials, equipment, laboratory supplies, tools, and consumable items; keeping records and inventories; and helping to create a clean and sanitary working environment.Finally, the Professional Research Assistant will also be tasked to work independently or as part of a team in the Division on various molecular and cellular biology experiments, including cell culture, immunostaining, and protein & nucleotide analysis.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Salary and Benefits:
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the laboratory.
- Culture, passage, and maintain cell or tissue samples of animal or human origins on a daily basis.
- Prepare reagents and other experimental materials.
- Perform cellular biology and biochemistry experiments, including cell culture, immunostaining, immunoblots, PCR, protein analysis, and other experiments.
- Follow, document, and optimize experimental protocols and standard operating procedures, record daily tasks, observations, and data.
- Document detailed research notes on paper and/or computer.
- Perform data analysis on computer.
- Ordering and logging of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and working environment.
- Provides assistance to research staff, investigators and collaborators.
- Provide technical training on experimental protocols to other research staff, investigators, or collaborators as needed, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Any other tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
Salary range for this position is $35,600-$55,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience with molecular biology experiments including but not limited to RNA/protein extraction, western blot, qPCR.
- Hands-on research experience in tissue culture and aseptic technique.
- Prior experience in pipetting, preparing buffers, and keeping logbooks
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and meticulous record keeping.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced research environment, with complex laboratory equipment, chemical solutions, and biological materials.
- Must be able and willing to handle, carry, and/or lift objects in the research settings, up to 10 kg in weight.
- Must be able and willing to work in a standard research environment that may contain fumes, chemicals, liquid nitrogen, sharp objects, hazardous materials, tissue, and body fluids.
- Must be able and willing to stand or sit for prolonged periods during work hours, frequently move (e.g., walk, bend, stoop and other physical motions), as well as executing repetitive motions.
Please include a cover letter, CV, and the names and contacts of three references. The position is immediately available, and candidates will be considered on a continuous basis until the position is filled. Job Category:
Jul 12, 2021Unposting Date: