DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine/Department of Medicine/Division of CardiologyProfessional Research AssistantPosition #00783390 – Requisition #21607
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
* The Division of Cardiology/Laboratory of Molecular Genetics has an opening for a part-time position—Professional Research Assistant. The Molecular Genetics collaborative laboratory of Luisa Mestroni, MD, Matthew Taylor, MD, PhD and Suet Nee Chen, PhD, Cardiovascular Institute and Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, studies inherited cardiomyopathies, and collect data and biological material of study subjects in Registries. A Part Time 60% Professional Research Assistant position is available for a motivated individual with at least a Master degree, to work on study subject recruitment, clinical and genetic data collection, data entry in databases, Redcap,
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
A Part Time 60% Professional Research Assistant position is available for a motivated individual with at least a Master degree, to work on study subject recruitment, data collection, data entry in databases, data analysis, and assist with basic molecular genetics work experiments.
Salary and Benefits:
- Able to track and analyze clinical data, in particular cardiac tests results (ECG, echocardiogram, electrophysiology results, hemodynamic measurements, etc.) and genetic test results of families and individuals participating in research.
- Able to recognize candidate genes for cardiomyopathies: identification of genes leading to the development of cardiomyopathies and other disorders, as well as understanding the mechanisms by which genetic mutation and modification can lead to cardiomyopathies.
- Able to participate in the process of recruitment and storage of information of the subjects enrolled in research, and contribute to the bioinformatic analysis of data.
- Able to coordinate our clinical studies: contact study subjects, arrange evaluation via CTRC, walk patient through visit. Contact previous study participants, update information in our database, enroll interested family members in study. Enter data obtained from study participants into appropriate databases.
- Able to develop an up-to-date record of past study subjects and expand study subject population.
- Able to contribute to multiple projects involving our group and our National and International collaborators. Contribute to publications on research results.
- Able to be involved in basing genetic bench research: DNA extraction, PCR, etc.
- Comfort and expertise with Microsoft Excel and the REDCap research database
- Experience with electronic health record platforms (specifically Epic)
The budgeted rate
for this position has been established at $21,600 at 60% FTEThe above salary rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Master’s DegreeApplicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
Master of Science Degree in Biomedical Sciences, experience in clinical data interpretation and collection, databases (in particular Redcap) management, genetic data interpretation, pedigree construction, management of multicenter collaborative studies.Competencies:Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding patients service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Experience in clinical work. Job Category:
Jun 14, 2021Unposting Date:
Jun 19, 2021, 11:59:00 PM