DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: Graduate SchoolJob Title: Executive AssistantPosition #703578 – Requisition #21734
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Graduate School has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Executive Assistant position.
Jobs in this career family provide professional administrative, operational or managerial services. Functions include advising, interpreting or guiding decisions on policy, procedural or operational issues or projects, providing professional academic support in the areas of policy development, financial administration, budget oversight, campus-wide program or project management, or office management, and/or representing or acting on behalf of senior leadership. Executive Assistants provide administrative support directly to an officer of the university. Positions may provide executive scheduling, meeting and event coordination, office management, program coordination, committee support, communications, and/or accounting, personnel or payroll support.The Graduate School is a dual campus entity. This position will be based at the Anschutz Medical Campus, but will perform work at both campuses on occasion. Descriptions of each campus follow.CU Anschutz Medical Campus:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. CU Denver Campus:
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown.Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here. Job Summary:
The Executive Assistant to the Dean plans and coordinates the communications and services of the office of the Dean of the Graduate School. This position reports directly to the Dean and receives general direction and supervision in the management of the Dean’s Office, services, programs and projects.Examples of Work Performed:
The duties and responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate all internal and external, verbal and written, communications from the Dean’s Office. This includes greeting guests, answering phones, maintenance of newsletters generated, general announcements, written correspondences, copying/printing, and filing. Act as primary informational contact between the Dean’s office and any other office or agency, internally or externally. Although the physical location of the position is primarily in the Graduate School Suite on the Anschutz campus, the Executive Assistant will need to interact with constituencies on both the Downtown and Anschutz campuses.
- Maintaining the Dean’s calendar and the Associate Dean’s and Assistant Deans’ calendars as deemed appropriate, including regular administrative meetings, program and other constituent meetings, large group meetings, on campus and off.
- Making travel arrangements for the Dean and on occasion for the Associate Dean as well as completing all travel related documents.
- Respond to emails and written correspondence to and from the Dean. Exercise discretion in responding to emails, delegating emails to the appropriate staff for follow-up, or flagging for the Dean’s attention, as needed.
- Oversee the ongoing and routine purchasing needs for the office. Reallocate procurement card transactions for this position and for the Dean,
- Anticipate the needs of the Dean, Associate Dean or Assistant Deans by researching and determining the appropriate documents needed for meetings, (i.e., reports, and policies as necessary).
- Independently make decisions on the daily activities of the Dean by determining the priorities of constituent issues and problems, handle directly or refer problems and issues to appropriate departments or individuals; follow-up with phone calls and mail; further utilize this knowledge to organize and route all correspondence as appropriate.
- Manage and/or coordinate arrangements for various Graduate School official functions such as staff meetings and visits to the school by public officials and dignitaries.
- When required this position will be responsible for attending various meetings and taking minutes for committees and task forces.
- Be available to provide support to another Graduate School office worker in support of the Graduate School’s constituents.
- Perform related work as assigned by the Dean or required by the nature and scope of the position.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
Diversity and Equity:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $50,000 to $75,000.
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Substitution: Related executive support experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor’s degree
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and scheduling software
- Experience screening and directing phone calls and messages
- Experience scheduling and coordinating meetings, events and official functions
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire
- A bachelor’s degree and at least three (3) years’ high level executive support experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in a Higher Education setting
- At least one (1) year end user SharePoint experience
- Experience coordinating travel and preparing travel authorizations
- Ability to manage in an executive office in an effective and efficient manner.
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extraordinary customer service and interpersonal/people skills.
- Ability to work with and communicate well with constituents from all levels of the University community.
- Ability to present an appropriate public image in keeping with the established professionalism of the Graduate School
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to solve problems.
Professional Support ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 15, 2021Unposting Date: