DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine/Department of SurgeryAdministrative Assistant IIIPosition #00785172 – Requisition #21247
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Department of Surgery, Division of Urology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant III position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This class describes the fourth administrative assistant level. Positions in this level have the authority to design and implement, without prior approval, the general office and administrative operations to accomplish the unit's work. Work includes, but is not limited to, deciding what operations will be performed and how processes will be implemented; creating and revising office procedures and writing office procedure manuals, designing forms; establishing general office record systems and resource libraries, including content of files and publications, coding and maintenance schemes, circulation and retrieval, production, access, and disposal; compiling and formatting the content for program materials, such as annual reports and newsletters; accounting for the unit’s allotted funds by authorizing (signing) operating expenditures for such things as office supplies, calculating estimated office operating expenses for the annual budget request; and, designing the physical layout of the unit’s work area. Some positions in this class may function as work leaders who are partially accountable for the work product of at least two full-time equivalent positions.Nature of Work:
This position will exercise the duties and responsibilities of managing the administrative support for the Department of Surgery, Division of Urology. This position will assist with the management of credentialing, travel, reimbursements, events, and official functions for the Division of Urology. This position will collaborate and interact with the Division and Department to ensure continuity of duties and responsibilities. This position will be a responsible point of contact for the Division and will collaborate with the Division Executive Assistant. This position will communicate, document, and support various Division efforts and in doing so will maintain relationships with various personnel throughout the School of Medicine and Affiliate Hospitals. Part of the duties of this position will be providing phone coverage as well as interacting face to face with customers, stakeholders, employees etc. General office and faculty support will be required including credentialing, travel, reimbursement, and calendar management. This position must exercise critical judgement and considerable initiative in administrative management.Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant III will provide consistent and high-quality administrative support to faculty within the Division of Urology including but not limited to the following:
- Assists with the licensure, promotion, and re-credentialing process of faculty, including assisting with application process, tracking, providing support, compiling documents and records, ensuring strict deadlines are met, and ensuring all guidelines for each agency are followed.
- Coordinate travel logistics, prepare and track expenditures, and prepare expense reimbursements.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services for the division and reconciling expenses including contracts, vendor agreements, invoicing, supply ordering, and administrative operations.
- Manage meeting logistics including scheduling, room reservations, remote meeting setup, notification of members, agenda distribution, ordering catering.
- Provide back-up administrative support for Division committees including Research Council, DEI committee and educational committees.
- Route letters and documents in a timely manner.
- Perform basic document editing, formatting, and creation.
- Assist with basic administrative needs across the division including monitoring the Urology administrative Outlook inbox; mail retrieval and distribution; update and distribute Division phone list, maintain and update departmental organizational charts; maintain shared division documents and electronic files.
- Serve as an administrative point of contact for faculty and staff in the division.
- Serve as the primary back up for the Executive Assistant.
- Performs other administrative and office duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $43,188 - $47,748. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned
Education may substitute for experience on a year for year basisRequired: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Experience working in a customer service-related role.
- Experience coordinating travel, preparing experience reports, or with coordinating meeting logistics.
- Experience working in a medical or higher education setting.
- Three years of general clerical experience
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Attention to detail.Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.Skilled in complex scheduling, organizing, and planning.Skilled in problem solving combined with the ability to prioritize projects with a strong sense of urgency.Excellent time management and communication skillsAbility to work independently, be self-motivated, and detail oriented. Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.Job Category:
Administrative Support and RelatedPrimary Location:
Jun 15, 2021Unposting Date: