DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of SurgeryAccounting Tech IIPosition # 00730477 – Requisition #21731
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Surgery has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Accounting Tech II position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical accounting assistance to the programs operating in the Department of Surgery and Surgery Administration. These accounting services include posting, billing, Purchase Order (PO) and Standing Purchase Order (SPO) management, collection management, journal entries, and reporting. This position will process travel and recruitment reimbursement for the Office of the Chair, as well as creating POs and SPOs in CU Marketplace and COR360. This position will assist the Finance and Accounting Senior Professional with accounting transactions and will provide backup to the Finance and Accounting Senior Professional.Examples of Duties Performed:
Salary and Benefits:
- Process travel, recruitment, petty cash, miscellaneous expenses and other reimbursements for the Chair of the Department of Surgery, the Director of Finance and Administration, and the Director of Finance.
- Audit financial records, pinpoint errors, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare new speedtype requests for the Department of Surgery (auxiliary, gift, CU Medicine).
- Process accounts payable and receivable.
- In collaboration with the Finance and Accounting Senior Professional, enter journal entries into PeopleSoft Finance.
- Prepare non-employee reimbursements and pay invoices from vendors; develop and manage a payment schedule/process to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Create new POs and SPOs in Marketplace and COR360.
- Develop, pull and process expense reports for the Center for Surgical Innovation Lab.
- Assist Lab Coordinator with Marketplace and Concur transactions as needed.
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $38,760 - $42,744 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two (2) years of technical accounting experience.
Two (2) years of college, university or non-correspondence business school which included eighteen (18) semester credit hours of accounting or bookkeeping can substitute for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or other related field.
- Two (2) years of accounting experience in a Healthcare or Higher Education environment.
- Experience working with Marketplace, Concur, HCM Finance, and/or other University systems.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of individuals within an organization/higher learning institution, including faculty and staff at all levels.
- Diplomacy and tact, flexibility and the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Knowledge of standard accounting procedures and basic math/computing skills.
- Computer skills with a very high proficiency with spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written formats.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to provide excellent customer service, while ensuring fiscal compliance and rules adherence.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Finance and AccountingPrimary Location:
Jun 15, 2021Unposting Date: