UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER | ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
Position Number: 00784639
Department of Medicine – Division of Infectious Disease
Job Code: 1304
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of Work
The candidate will be responsible for organizing and overseeing immunology studies in the Beckham laboratory. The laboratory is currently funded to study the immune response in patients during COVID19 and the candidate will provide training and leadership for projects related to COVID19 immunology. It is also expected that the candidate provide instruction and training for members in the laboratory in the field of immunology and virology. This position requires hands on bench work as well as oversight of more junior members in the laboratory along with the PI.Professional Field
The Department of Medicine/Division of Infectious Diseases seeks a full-time Research Instructor in the laboratory of J. David Beckham MD. Examples of Work Performed
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing projects in the laboratory that include:
- Basic virology, immunology, and related assays including antibody assays, flow cytometry, PCR, virus growth, viral quantitation, murine model work with virus infections, and human immunology projects.
The Research Instructor reports to the Lab Director, J. David Beckham.Salary and Benefits
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established at $62,000-$72,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The candidate must have a PhD in immunology or microbiology or a related degree.
- Candidate must have completed 3 years of post-doctoral training studying viral immunology or a related field.
- The candidate must have post-doctoral training and publications in the field of virology and/or immunology or related publications.
- Candidate should have experience working with RNA viruses and have experience with human and murine immunology studies.
- The candidate should be able to oversee projects in the laboratory, be collaborative, courteous, and professional in a busy laboratory.
- Candidate should be a highly skilled flow cytometrist with experience using Cytek Aurora, work with flavivirus murine models, experience working with human samples for immunology analysis.
- Able to work with emerging viruses in high level biosafety environments.
- Eligible for an appointment at the Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Job Category:
Jun 15, 2021Unposting Date: