University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
Section of Hematology, Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplantation
Professional Research Assistant (PRA)
Position #00661627– Requisition #21623
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology, Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplantation has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant position. Nature of Work:
- Laboratory-based translational research on the immune recognition of cancer.
- Conduct experiments; assist with project planning, data interpretation, training students and volunteers; as well as, presentation of data and manuscript preparation.
- Seeking a motivated and experienced scientist who has the initiative and skill-set to take charge on in vivo projects and assist in various projects involving tissue culture and molecular biology. The ideal applicant will be able to work in a team setting, have superb organizational skills, experience handling mice and can assist in processing and managing numerous research samples.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Culture tumor cell lines, isolation of T cells, generation of CAR T cells. 15%
- Multicolor Flow cytometry (FACS) 15%
- Able to work with murine models of cancer; IP and IV injections, collecting blood, harvesting organs, IVIS imaging, and processing samples for flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry. 15%
- Conducting experiments using techniques including, qPCR, cloning, transfection/transduction, protein/RNA extraction, immunofluorescence microscopic cell imaging. 15%
- Incucyte cytotoxicity assays. 15%
- Assistance in management of cell bank, properly organizing samples in software, maintaining inventory and ordering. 5%
- Preparing data for discussion and presentation. 5%
- Attending and presenting at lab meetings. 5%
- Assisting with lab organization and upkeep. 5%
- Assisting in or producing publications. 5
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $39,000 to $44,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science field or related field +1 year minimum relevant lab experience. Lab experience may have been conducted while a student, but must not be class-based.
- Basic flow cytometry (1-4 colors).
- Experience/comfort with handling mice.
- Competent with ELISAs, western blots, qPCR, and cloning.
- Tissue culture and maintenance of various cell lines.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Multicolor flow cytometry experience.
- Murine model expert. Ability to lead in this aspect and train others.
- Previous experience in presenting and/or aiding in publications
- Competency with flowjo, Microsoft office, prism graphpad, and analysis software(s).
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Ability to stay organized under pressure.
- Knowledgeable of professional laboratory protocols.
- Ability to complete lab functions involving cell culture and aseptic techniques.
- Competency with molecular biology techniques.
- Animal experience (designing/mouse handling/injections/harvesting/sacrificing).
- Background in immunology/wiliness to learn.
- Ability to troubleshoot and independently resolve technical issues with experiments.
Jun 15, 2021Unposting Date: