Human Resources Assistant, Short-term Temporary Hourly
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$22.99 per hour
Flexible - as needed
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform responsible personnel and clerical duties in the areas of recruitment, examination, placement and maintenance of personnel records and files, and the preparation of related reports; provide information and assistance in person and on the telephone to College personnel, staff and the public regarding personnel matters.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree and two years increasing responsible general clerical experience involving public contact.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern Human Resource office functions, practices and procedures.
- General payroll practices and procedures.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Operation of a computer terminal.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Perform responsible personnel and clerical duties in the areas of recruitment, examination, placement and maintenance of personnel records and files and the preparation of related reports.
- Maintain the security of confidential materials.
- Learn and apply personnel rules and related procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15404
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency