Admissions Counselor IIAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Office Of AdmissionsProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Admission Counselor II is responsible for the recruitment activities in the Greater Houston Area. This position advises Houston area students on admission requirements and transferability of courses prior to applying for admission to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, coordinates and facilitates school visits and other programs designed to attract high school students.Responsibilities:
- 35% - Advise Houston Area students on admission requirements and transferability of courses prior to applying for admissions to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Coordinate and facilitate school visits and other programs designed to attract high school students.
- 30% - Recruit high school, transfer, and graduate students during the Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (TACRAO) recruiting season and other programs and activities assigned by the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.
- 20% - Communicate with students, parents, and counselors via phone, email, postal mail with regard to necessary information about files and attending Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- 10% - Serve as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and local school systems and community colleges throughout the Greater Houston Area.
- 5% - Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One (1) year of related experience in admissions, student recruiting, or college relations.
- Ability to travel for recruitment purposes.
- Ability to work irregular hours during scheduled times, including occasional weekends as needed.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and in personal computers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with diverse populations in a positive, courteous, and professional manner.
- Strong customer service and public presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, initiate, and organize events.
- Master's degree in Education, Communications, or Business/Marketing.
- Documented excellence in a professional role, dealing one-on-one with people on a daily basis in a dynamic service-oriented environment.
- Experience with Banner Student Information System and/or Customer Relations Management Software.
- $2,780.17 - $3,500 monthly ($33,362 - $42,000 annual)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Admissions-Counselor-II_R-038934
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency