Executive Assistant to the Dean -Georgetown University's Walsh School of Foreign Service
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
Exciting opportunity for to join our team as the Executive Assistant
to the Dean. The Execustive Assitant provides high-level executive support and project management to the Dean of the Walsh School of Foreign Service. Executive Support and Project Management
Communication, Outreach, and Board Management
- Performs complex and confidential administrative duties such as securing appropriate signatures and tracking documents through the approval process, preparing expense reports, tracking initiatives, screening calls, transcribing meeting minutes, maintaining an effective electronic filing system, and composing and editing correspondence, reports, publications, speeches, and written/oral presentations.
- Manages assigned projects, develops related work plans, and oversees project phases to ensure effective and efficient workflow.
- Resolves inquiries, ensures compliance with policies and procedures, and recommends changes to policies and procedures.
- Prepares daily briefings and itineraries for the Dean, coordinating with the Chief of Staff and relevant offices.
- Manages follow-up on action items for the Dean and the Chief of Staff.
- Conducts background research on topics related to the Dean's initiatives as directed by the Dean and/or Chief of Staff.
- Manages VIP visits and contacts.
- Organizes data for the Dean's presentations, coordinating with other Dean's Office team members and offices as needed.
- Manages the Dean's and Chief of Staff's business-related expenses, including reimbursements, travel, mobile communication accounts, etc. Coordinates with the SFS Finance team on reconciliation and related financial matters.
- Coordinates with the Office Manager or other team members as needed in support of the Dean's technology, supply, and facilities needs.
- Manages student employees supporting the Dean and Chief of Staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Dean and Chief of Staff.
- Serves as first point of contact and support for the SFS Board of Advisors. Manages communication with the Board and provides administrative support and follow-up for Board action items.
- Coordinate Board meeting planning and preparation with Chief of Staff, Executive Director of External Relations and Marketing, Events Director, and others as appropriate.
- Prepares stewardship letters for donors on behalf of the Dean, working closely with the Office of Advancement and Chief of Staff.
- Communicates with university administrators, faculty, and students on behalf of the Dean in coordination with the Chief of Staff.
- Coordinates limited internal events hosted by the Dean, including private lunch meetings hosted by the Dean and related events in the Dean's office or at his home. Responsibilities include:
- Scheduling, space reservations, invitations, catering, equipment, setup and cleanup
- Maintaining necessary equipment and supplies
The Executive Assistant reports to the Dean's Chief of Staff and Senior Administrative Officer, and works closely with the Dean and the SFS executive leadership team. Qualifications
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant professional experience in support of a senior executive.
- Proficiency in technologies related to the duties of the position.
- Must demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail, the ability to manage sensitive and/or confidential information, and an outstanding commitment to customer service.
- Experience in higher education and interest in international relations preferred.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Dean--Georgetown-University-s-Walsh-School-of-Foreign-Service_JR10446
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency