Research Manager - Georgetown University Center for Children and Families
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
The Research Manager
plays a central role by providing qualitative and quantitative research and policy analysis to help advance CCF's mission to expand and improve high-quality, affordable health coverage for America's children and families. CCF focuses principally on issues relating to low-income children and families with a particular emphasis on implementation and policy issues related to Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program, and the Affordable Care Act.
The Research Manager will:
- Conduct research and data analysis on health policy issues in support of CCF's written reports, public presentations, and policy analysis work;
- Manage CCF's quantitative analysis using the American Community Survey and other large data sources
- Provide assistance on writing projects pertaining to child and family health coverage issues;
- Help maintain CCF's research library, child and family coverage statistics (including web-based resources), and research databases; and
- Assist in providing technical assistance to CCF staff, funders, national and state advocacy organizations, and others seeking information and data on child and family health coverage.
This position reports directly to Edwin Park, Research Professor.Qualifications
Current Georgetown Employees:
- A successful candidate will have:
- Some work experience, preferably in health or social policy
- Master's Degree in public policy, public health, law, or related field (preferred)
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency with Excel and statistical software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic, team environment for a mission-oriented organization
- Flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to tackle new projects as they arise
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Harris-Building/Research-Manager---Georgetown-University-Center-for-Children-and-Families_JR10447
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency