The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Administrative AssistantJob Profile Title
Administrative CoordinatorJob Description Summary
The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) is entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with the great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases.
The laboratory of Dr. Jim Wilson, at GTP of the University of Pennsylvania, has been a leader in the development of innovative vector technology for close to three decades. We have emerged as the “go-to” organization for public and private partners, who want to participate in the gene therapy space. Currently, we are positioned to lead another round of vector innovation and establish pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing.
Continuation of all GTP positions is contingent upon funding.Job Description
Due to continued growth of our program, we are searching for a new Administrative Assistant to collaborate with our executive administrative team and provide support to the GTP leadership team.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will work within an administrative and executive support team. The role provides high quality administration assistance to the Executive Administrators with precision to detail, expert communication and flexibility to learn and adapt in a fast-paced exciting atmosphere. Some of your administrative tasks will include: answering phones, international mailings, scheduling meetings, meeting room setup, event planning, coordinating travel arrangements for the Program's Senior Directors and Directors. There is a financial assist component of the role with processing expenses and reimbursements, vendor on-boarding and guest reimbursement, along with other routine and additional duties as needed.
Qualified candidates will have a quality of professional comportment, diplomacy and be an expert at navigating team dynamics. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Manager, Administrative Operations.Qualifications:
Job Location - City, State
- High School diploma and 5-7 years of administrative support or assistant experience in a fast-paced environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. College coursework or degree is a plus. Prior experience in an academic environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Needs Drive: ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the department and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Proven time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines; work well under pressure in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills are a MUST including MS Word, Excel, Project, and Visio, *MS Access is a plus.
- Experience and a high level of comfort setting up projectors, laptops, and webex presentations.
- Positive work ethic.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$20.00 - $36.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Translational-Research-Laboratories/Administrative-Assistant_JR00018147
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency