Client Services Administrative Assistant A - New Bolton Center
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Client Services Administrative Assistant A - New Bolton CenterJob Profile Title
Administrative Assistant AJob Description Summary
This position provides basic secretarial, administrative and other programmatic support to managers, employees, students and office visitors by handling a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. This position is located in Kennett Square, PA. No public transportation is available. Must provide own transportation.Job Description
Under limited supervision the Client Services Administrative Assistant A, which is an essential personnel position, provides excellent customer service to both internal and external clients of the New Bolton Center Large Animal Hospital in Kennett Square, PA. Specific tasks include handling incoming calls, scheduling appointments, processing patient admissions (including emergency admissions), discharges, receiving and posting payments for services, and communicating pertinent information to both internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
The Client Services Administrative Assistant will greet and interact professionally with all internal and external clients, including owners, shippers, trainers, clinicians, students, and other department staff to convey information on incoming or discharging patients, including emergencies, which often involves numerous staff and complex instructions.
The individual will also enter, process, and/or print admission and discharge forms to facilitate efficient patient movements through the Hospital; interact with clients in a professional manner to collect, post, and reconcile payments for cases being discharged or emergency cases being admitted; perform clerical functions to ensure patient records and hospital census are accurately maintained and handled appropriately.
Other responsibilities will include answer incoming calls and route calls appropriately, in a friendly and respectful manner; follow standard operating procedures and update them, where necessary; notify appropriate internal or external clients of changes that affect them; after hours answering service for Field Service.
In addition the individual in this position will act as dispatch to campus security and facilities, distribute keys to student dormitories and guest housing, distribute pharmacy prescriptions, accept drop offs for Microbiology samples, provide accurate information including travel directions, emergency instructions, package delivery and shipping depot, for internal and external clients.Qualifications
H.S. Diploma or GED and 1-2 years of customer service experience required. Associates Degree or certificate preferred. Experience in equine care, bovine and small ruminant care or working in a veterinary clinic is a plus. Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and Outlook is required.
The nature of the work performed in this position requires a strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and remain calm in a fast paced multi-dimensional environment, as well as excellent communication and customer service skills. Requires flexibility to work day, evening, or overnight shifts including on-call and weekend shifts. This position is located in Kennett Square, PA. No public transportation is available. Must provide own transportation.Working Conditions
Office, Library, Computer Room, Alternative work schedules Physical Effort
Typically sitting at a desk or table ,Occasional lifting 25 lbs. or less, Intermittently sitting/standing/stoopingJob Location - City, State
Kennett Square, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Veterinary MedicinePay Range
$16.23 - $29.22Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/New-Bolton-Center/Client-Services-Administrative-Assistant-A---New-Bolton-Center_JR00033754
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency