The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Systems AdministratorJob Profile Title
Systems Administrator CJob Description Summary
Join a growing, collegial, and bimodal department of motivated IT professionals with great facilities, a team environment, and excellent resources. Serve as Systems Administrator. Reporting to the Associate CIO, the Systems Administrator will participate fully as a member of the Systems Team and will specialize in Windows servers, endpoint management, application servers, cloud hosting, print services, storage management, and information security and networking.Job Description
The Systems Administrator will provide systems administration for both cloud and installed servers and applications. The Systems Administrator will also develop and lead efforts to transition legacy services and systems to cloud hosting, as well as develop security, business continuity and disaster recovery plans and services. The Systems Administrator will provide programming, scripts and technical expertise for a variety of Law School services.
- Provide systems administration, account management, email routing, firewall administration, application servers, print servers, storage management, networking, programming, scripting and technical expertise.
- Lead endpoint management strategy and operations for enterprise devices including Windows 10. Includes configuration, maintenance, management, and security of endpoints/applications using MS Endpoint Management (Intune and Defender ATP). Establish and manage process and controls related to change management of endpoints/policies.
- Provide custom software development to automate systems administration tasks, monitor performance of networks, applications, and servers, and test for load balancing and fault tolerance.
- Provide account administration and document lifecycle management such as provisioning, retention, archiving, permissions and auditing.
- Manage and maintain cloud hosted and on-premise servers on various platforms including AWS, Azure, and VMWare. Provide security monitoring, patching, optimizing, configuration and backup/recovery.
- Manage and extend M365 Enterprise full suite tenant. Support and continue development of enterprise cloud services including AWS and Azure hosting.
- Serve as Penn Law's systems business continuity, disaster recovery and information security expert. Lead efforts; practice recovery; secure data and services.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two years' systems administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Key knowledge areas must include email routing, systems administration, network engineering, database administration, endpoint management, and information security with specific experience in:
- Office 365 Enterprise Services
- Windows 10 Management via MS Endpoint Manager. MS Intune, Defender ATP, Conditional Access, Desktop Analytics
- Windows system administration
- Azure Active Directory, Hybrid Active Directory Deployments
- Database; Oracle and MS SQL Server
- PowerShell, Python, Bash Shell
- VMWare, AWS and Azure
- Firewalls; Information Security
*When necessary, the Systems Administrator will work extended hours and occasional weekends; vacation may not be taken in August/September.Please provide a cover letter along with your resume.
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or tableJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Law SchoolPay Range
$50,684.00 - $138,391.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Law-School/Systems-Administrator_JR00019891
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency