Job no: 517053Classification Title:
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:11250000 - RE-HUB
Administrative Specialist IIJob Description:
Fiscal: Provides fiscal support and processing account transactions for the Collaboratory. This includes budget management, processing purchasing transactions, processing travel and expense reimbursements, and other general fiscal activities.
Specific duties include:
- Preparing, developing and monitoring annual budgets
- Analyzing financial statements and reports to represent current and projected financial status
- Participating in year-end audits and ensuring the accuracy of accounting data
- Coordinating actions necessary to correct account balances and maintaining proper accounting controls and procedures
- Interpreting budgeting administrative regulations and policies and recommending new and improved methods of effectively managing budgeting administration
- Preparing and submitting travel related documentation for approval and processing of travel authorizations, travel expense reports.
- Ensuring that all transactions meet UF, center, and sponsor guidelines and procedures.
- Making sure that receipts are correctly coded and contain the required information for audit compliance.
- Assisting vendors with processing paperwork necessary for the vendor set up with Purchasing, Tax Services, and the UF system.
- Ensuring receipts include required documentation, are correctly coded, and are forwarded to the P-Card Approver for final processing.
- Filing documents in compliance with University guidelines for record keeping.
- Processing payments in the PeopleSoft system.
- Maintaining all records as required by University rules and regulations.
- Reviews grant encumbrances to ensure adequate balances
- Reviews grant balances
- Collaboratory Program Coordinator will facilitate coordination of Collaboratory programming and events.
- Serve as the interface between Collaboratory and strategic partners for events, such as Hub incubator staff, speakers, clients, sponsors and others involved in Collaboratory programming. Coordinate logistics of events to ensure all details are addressed including: setting up programmatic registration links, calendars, monitoring event and program attendance; ordering food; day of event coordination such as printing nametags, participant list; follow up with speakers and attendees; other as needed.
- Ensure all paperwork associated with event is completed, submitted and filed in a timely manner to the appropriate departments including but not limited to invoices, attendee lists, etc.
- Maintain records of event aspects such as number of attendees.
- Work with team to continually improve programs and processes and provide suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Coordinate calendars for events including but not limited to Directors, Speakers, Conference Rooms, to ensure availability and to avoid overlap.
- Manages marketing efforts to publicize and promote the Collaboratory. This includes:
- Deliberating planning, strategy and goal setting with Collaboratory Director
- Content management, including social media and website
- Managing social advertising campaigns
- Designing and printing promotional materials, including fliers, brochures, special event and additional as needed
- Maintaining and/or developing presence and/or materials for various digital platforms such as Trello, Wufoo, Eventbrite.
- Marketing distribution
- Tabling at conferences and events (occasional)
- Work with UF departments and community as appropriate to raise awareness about Collaboratory and the various training programs offered by the Collaboratory
- Strong written skills are required. Friendly, positive attitude is a must.
- Attend meetings, training sessions and other programming as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Strong written and oral communications skills. Special Instructions to Applicants:
Ability to work independently as well as work well in team environment.
Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
Proficiency with programs including: MS office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
Experience with graphic software such as Wordpress and Adobe Creative Suite.
Experience with UF accounting system. Plus, but not required.
Event and/or program coordination experience a plus.
Experience with Mailchimp. Plus but not required.
Positive, friendly, professional attitude.
In order to be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references.
A criminal background check is required.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 14 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time