Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-038926 Job Title
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Career ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Career Coach is responsible for administering and supporting career programs and services, building relationships with constituents, and implementing student programming initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and coordinate career related educational programs for classes, student organizations, groups of prospective students, and others as appropriate.
- Maintains assigned employer relationships to expand the range of employer recruiting activities.
- Implement a college specific student marketing plan to promote programs and services to students, faculty, and staff through the distribution of publications, personal contacts, and targeted correspondence.
- Develop recruiting tools (job announcements, e-mail, website postings) and target applicants within assigned college.
- Promotes, and evaluates employer visits and interview schedules to assigned students.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations such as NCDA, NACE, TCDA, SoACE, or MAC3.
- Serve on relevant internal and external committees including, but not limited to Employer Advisory Boards
- Provide individualized career coaching to students and alumni as well as resume/cover letter preparation, networking/interview skills, and the job-search process.
- Recommend and implement approved best practices for delivering industry specific career services to students and alumni
- Maintain on-campus relationships to provide career service programming for diverse and multi-cultural student populations
- Contribute to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Perform other activities as necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’ degree.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years of related professional experience in Career Development, Employment Services, Human Resources/Training, or a related function with transferable skills.
- Ability to: Use coaching skills to conduct career coaching and counseling skills to interpret career assessment instruments. Strong analytical, decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. Strong analytical, decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree. Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in Career Development or related student services area in a college or university setting; organizational, strategic, and collaborative skills, as well as an innovative use of technology; bi-lingual Spanish/English. Relevant industry experience related to programs offered at A&M Commerce.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.