Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) is a dynamic and independent non-profit dedicated to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive community of women leaders through various strategies with a special focus in higher education. HERS alumnae include almost 6,000 women on approximately 1,400 campuses in the U.S., as well women from institutions in Canada, South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria and other nations. HERS offices have been located on the University of Denver campus since 1983. Full-time HERS staff members can use and take advantage of all University of Denver employee benefits and services.
The part-time Instructional Designer works across functional teams and has a strong interest in gender equity and social justice matters. It is important that the Instructional Designer center the experiences of adult learners and professional women leaders in their designs. The Instructional Designer develops effective in-person, online, blended, and web-enhanced programs created in collaboration with HERS facilitators. The Instructional Designer assists facilitators with the technical and administrative aspects of program production and assist the Programs and Research team with online technical support when needed. The Instructional Designer will develop trainings and resources that prepare HERS facilitators to effectively deliver their in-person, blended, and online programs. The Instructional Designer serves in a mentor role and as a subject matter expert within the Programs and Research team. The Instructional Designer provides ongoing analysis of learner needs across programs. The Instructional Designer will provide general office support and serve as a back-up to senior program managers when necessary.
This position will report to a member of the HERS leadership team and will work on the Programs and Research Team. HERS is in a program expansion mode and this role is pivotal on our continued success. Join us in shaping bold leadership!
- Guide Senior Program Managers through the instructional design process to create, revise, and update in-person, online, blended, and web-enhanced programs that are characterized by learner-centered instruction, active and experiential learning, and the principles of adult education.
- Assist facilitators in the technical and administrative aspects of program design.
- Direct the production of original program content.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years experience working in higher education.
- Master's degree or 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- 1+ years work experience in Instructional Design field.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector.
- Experience with technical writing documentation
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: Qualtrics, SmartSheet, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, HTML, Adobe, media software, digital video, and G Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with eLearning and learning management systems/learning relationship management systems.
20 hours per week, schedule to be determined with hiring manager.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, June 29th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $30,000 - $32,500.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.